Skip to main content

Reply to ""What's eBay Like for Buyers These Days""

One thing you have going for you is that eBay/Paypal HATE IT when you go over their head to your credit card company. Remember, your credit card company will back you up when Paypal won't. I've had numerous run ins with Paypal and I've ALWAYS gotten my money back...usually, by merely reporting a fraudulent charge to my credit card company after Paypal has told me to get lost.

quote:
Originally posted by Global Discoveries Store:
Another problem I had was buying two items listed as shipping from Ottawa, Canada. They arrived in non working condition and I contacted the seller for the return Canadian shipping address. I was informed that they have no Canadian address and that I have to ship back to China.

PayPal requires that you ship back with tracking. From Canada the only tracking provided for international shipments is via Expresspost which cost me $49.95 to ship back to China after having contacted both eBay and PayPal about the fact that the seller listed fraudulently as items being located in Ottawa, Canada but shipped from China. I also informed eBay and PayPal that I had a right to ship back to the location of the item as shown in the winning listings and that I should not be forced to ship back to a country in which my items were not located. I was told by both eBay and PayPal that they were just a go between and don't interfere between buyer and seller in this kind of thing. So I told them both..."Well seems to me with all your talk about getting tough on fraud, that you are supporting fraud by allowing a seller to fraudulently advertise the item location as being Ottawa, Canada but in all actuality shipping from China with no valid Canadian address at all. I got no help from eBay or PayPal on this.

I had to file a dispute with PayPal to get the two items refunded as the seller wouldn't refund, but in order to insure I would get a refund, PayPal's crazy policy of shipping back with return online tracking cost me $49.95. I told PayPal I could get a receipt from the post office and ship regular mail and upload the receipt, but I was told, that is not their policy.

The seller promised in the PayPal dispute to reimburse my return shipping cost but has since refused, and when I contacted PayPal to get help getting the promised return shipping cost reimbursed, even though it clearly stated in the dispute that seller would do that, PayPal said they can't do anything as they are not a go between.

So I lost $49.95 to a fraudulent seller and the fraud continues to be promoted by eBay who I informed that the seller is listing falsely as item location Ottawa, Canada, but who to this day continue to list that way with eBay all the while knowing it and I lost $49.95 as PayPal won't make a seller pay up to a promise written by the seller within the PayPal dispute.

Then I lost out to a buyer who returned a worn and damage garment, after having proved my case, all because no one at eBay or PayPal enforces the return policies that sellers are now forced to state.

For now, I remain a very dissallusioned eBAy seller!
Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.