Skip to main content

Reply to ""What's eBay Like for Buyers These Days""

I used to enjoy buying AND selling on eBay. After all the changes favoring buyers, selling is no longer fun. I had two crazy buyers in a row that were totally bizarre and irrational, and eBay was no help at all. There was also the nutcase who sent a handfull of vulgar, abusive emails that I couldn't get any help with. I also made a purchase right before the new and "Improved" feedback rules took place. The seller left me a negative feedback stating that I was a non-paying bidder, even though according to her listing I still had one more day to make the payment. When I contacted eBay, they said there was nothing they could do to a seller, even if they lied in a listing. All I could do was ask her if she would retract the feedback, which, of course, she didn't do. That one bad feedback had a negative affect on both my DSR and my attitude towards ebay. Then to top that all off, I listed two items that closed within minutes of each other on a Sunday evening. I had lots of watchers on both and couldn't figure out why there weren't more last minute bids. As soon as the listings ended, I got a message from a member who tried to bid but couldn't. I required my bidders to have a Paypal account. Seems that eBay's connection to Paypal went down at that exact time and no one could bid on my two items. When I contacted eBay they pretty much said too bad, so sad. One item was a set of rare books that sold for $66...they should have gone for $200-400. The other was a tablecloth that should have brought $100 more. The ebay rep's brilliant solution was that I should contact the winners, refund their money and they would cheerfully let me re-list the items. Am I the only one thinking that that was a lame response? I thought eBay should have stepped up to the plate and admitted the problem. Then they should have cancelled ALLLLLL affected listings, taking full responsiblilty, and allowed the items to be re-listed with no extra listing fees. Instead, I took it in the shorts and have nothing but high blood pressure everytime I think about it. Also, since when does NEUTRAL mean NEGATIVE??? If a buyer WANTED to leave a negative, the option is there to do that. Why does eBay have the audacity to alter the intent of a feedback??? And everybody else is right, the only reason to require Paypal, etc., and to really push the free shipping is to boost eBay's take. Did they really think everybody in the eBay "family" was that stupid? You would think by now the light would come on and they would start realizing that with no sellers, their much-sought-after buyers will have nothing to buy.
Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.