Skip to main content

Reply to ""What's eBay Like for Buyers These Days""

I know it has been said many times by many people how terrible eBay has become, myself included! But, the one thing I cannot recall reading about is just one single reason why people have stayed with them all this time...

I was a powerseller and made quite a bit of money on eBay, once upon a time that is. I removed myself from eBay's dictatorship back in June 08, it hurt me financially to do so, but the economy was and still is falling apart which hurt us all. eBay had nothing to do with the economy fallout, in fact, they probably helped things overall for many people. But, I made up my mind to leave, and I'm a bit stubborn like that when I set my mind to do something. I decided that I was just not made of the correct elements to allow my pride or my being to suffer anymore for eBay's rules and regulations, their ridiculous changes and seemingly spiteful nature of doing business. I was simply done with it all, and so I have been....

I let it all go, I dropped my name, the one that I worked so hard to build from the ground up is gone now. But I'm still here, I'm still alive and I still sell. eBay was my beginning, but they are not made of the correct elements to be my end! And so they haven't been....

So that's my story in a nut shell. The only thing I'd like to know is, why do you stay?

Do you stay out of fear? Do you stay out of respect for the one who has shown you nothing but disrespect? Do you stay because eBay represents some sort of parental figure and you're hoping that mommy/daddy/eBay will finally step up to do the right thing for their children? What ever the reason, Id suggest loosing hope and gaining faith! Hope is like a wish list, hoping things will somehow change is just like wishing on a star. It's a pretty sight, but gone in a moment's time. Hope stands still, but faith can make you move. If you can just have faith in your own self, then you already have everything you'll ever need to leave eBay behind like a bad dream.

If not, then please let me ask: Why do you stay with eBay?

Michael
Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.