Skip to main content

Reply to ""What's eBay Like for Buyers These Days""

"Griff" is a BIG FAT LIAR!

"Griff"We had a long chat with Jim "Griff" Griffith, eBay's avuncular spokesman, about buyers' concerns and the changes they spurred. He explained that DSRs are not that cut and dried and a seller restriction is not the same as a seller suspension. When one of a seller's DSR ratings slips below 4.3, Griffith says, "Their listings are not taken down from the site; they just can't list new items 'til the DSR goes up."

Griff is lying: My store was stripped just as several auctions were about to end, costing me about $500 dollars in revenue, for the following reason:

My Story: I had a tough month in Dec. 2008, and there were a few issues that I resolved quickly that concerned refurbished merchandise (never will I list refurbished again!). I also had a customer try to return an expensive jewelry item 35 days after delivery. Our policy is 7 on jewelry. He left serious negative feedback that hurt our Christmas sales.

A few days after Christmas my search standing was lowered. A week later I checked my ending auctions that I was counting on to pay my seller fees, just in time to find my store was stripped of all of its listings. I received a copy of the letter from one of my regular customers that basically portrayed me as a scammer.

Ebay's response was that my customer service ratings fell to less than 1% of all Ebay sellers. That is hard to imagine unless they are using an untested bell curve (which are crap).

What I was told that if you have 1 DSR score that is at a 4.3 they will restrict your listings.

3 of 4 of my DSR scores were lower than 4.6, my overall average was 4.59.

1, not ALL, of my DSR scores fell to a 4.3 for about 2 weeks. It was the item as described. 2 were at a solid 4.5 shipping time and communication, and Shipping charges were at a 4.67.

3 days after Ebay destroyed my business, ALL of my DSR scores were above a 4.6.

What Ebay is not telling buyers:

Buyers do not know that if they rate a seller with less than 3 stars he or she is signing a death warrant for an Ebay Seller's business.
Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.