Skip to main content

Reply to "When do sales pick up again?"

quote:
Originally posted by cakethings:
Thanks for the input...

So, Donna and Magie - do you let your inventory dwindle down a bit during the slow season, or do you try to keep it up?

I've let my inventory dwindle and I haven't been running auctions or doing much promotion at all, so I know that contributes to my lag in sales to some extent. But I went through a few weeks of poor sales and so I figured "why fight it?" And that I might as well back off, save my time and money for the fall, etc.

My everything has dwindled down but not by design. More from eBay Live and feeling lazy after eBay Live. I sell new and mostly preowned apparel. The store items with gallery list for .03 each. So every item will cost me .36 each over 12 months. I plan on loading my store up, up, up! If I can (which I should be able to do) I would like to have at least 500 store items up at any given time. That will cost $180 per year at .36 each times 12 months! That's nothing. Okay, it is an additional $15 per month added to the basic store subscription of $15.99. Heck, if I can't sell at least $30.99 to cover these costs then I should just close the darn thing. I found placing store items in slightly higher than you want for them and placing Best Offer on it works well. Most items I'm willing to accept $10 to $15 for each. I place them in at $19.95, $16.95, $14.95 and $12.95 with Best Offer. Sometimes, they just buy the item at cost. If you sell lower priced merchandise like I do it might work for you as well. I purchase almost everything at such a low cost I still make great money.

It all depends on what someone is selling.

For me, I feel I need to list more both in auction (my best merchandise) and the rest (great stuff but not as much in demand) in the store. In fact, after eBay Live I'm pumped up to get on with it.

I say (it depends on what you're selling) list!
Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.