Skip to main content

Reply to "When do sales pick up again?"

quote:
Originally posted by cakethings:
Thanks for the input...

So, Donna and Magie - do you let your inventory dwindle down a bit during the slow season, or do you try to keep it up?

I've let my inventory dwindle and I haven't been running auctions or doing much promotion at all, so I know that contributes to my lag in sales to some extent. But I went through a few weeks of poor sales and so I figured "why fight it?" And that I might as well back off, save my time and money for the fall, etc.

Under my other IDs...yep..I do retire those during the slower months. I used almost entirely take the summers off..so I could be with my children more. But they're older and we don't lay in the grass looking at the clouds as much as we used to when they were younger.

I digress...
With the exception of great finds. Olga nightgowns, camera lens, etc. I mostly have one ID going and work on the coming months.

I do alot of scouring during the summer months. Garage sales, Estate sales, thrift shops, etc.

I'm looking for items on the above list and packratting them away. (note there's a picture of my closets elsewhere on this forum...<swoon>Wink.

Now is an awfully good time to find items that are out of season and can be picked up for pennies. Stake out your Goodwill, Salvation Army on the half price, Penny, Quarter or Dollar Days!

I'm especially focused on the seasonal items, halloween costumes, christmas clothing, nwt items, vintage games etc.

Clean the items up if need be. Take pics, crop and get them ready.

Buy rubbermaid containers and mark them Fall, Back to School, Christmas, Halloween, Male, Female, Baby Etc. If you make hand crafted items, this is the time to be working on the upcoming holiday season items. You'll have them done, pics done and auctions designed and ready to go.

If sales are slow then this is a good time for you to get yourself organized.

During the down times with eBay, I'd advise....

Make a folder, name it...Halloween, Christmas, Fall, Back to School, Dime Day, Lots, etc.

Design your auctions and save them to the appropriate folder. When the day nears for launching or a sale then all you have to do is a small amt of research for pricing and wham! hit schedule and you're Good To Go.

Best of luck,
Donna
Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.