Skip to main content

Reply to "When do sales pick up again?"

quote:
Originally posted by eWonders:
Just a great wealth of knowledge in your brunette head.. Donna!

When its slow... my two cents

When its slow it a good time to experiment with logo's for other IDs, Backgrounds, formats.

If your dependent on cash right now, then I think I can understand the urgency in your question. Been there and learned that business has its slow times, muscle through it, post some "Buy Now" deals, clear out some stuff, ask the neighbors if you can post some of their stuff, do a consignment for them. I have done well with a flyer on the door of neighbors. Had the kids put out 50 and got 10 calls and sold 1400.00 of stuff in a week. I was quiet surprised, they didnt know I did auctions and I took 25%, plus selling fees in commissions.

Hope that helps Big Grin

Gosh, Thanks for the compliments. When I say something ditzy to the hubster (which is often) I smile real big at him and say...Aren't you lucky? You have a wife that's got brains and beauty. The TOTAL Package! HA!

Anyhooooo...You're nicer on consigning than I am. I hit them with 50%. It covers my eBay/Paypal fee's and more. Plus, most of the time, I have them take the pictures, too. (Bad Donna, Bad)

I don't like consigning all that much, but I do it at times to help my families pocketbook, weekends off and such.

50% scares off those that aren't serious about having me do it.

Most of the time, I end up having EBAY 101 at my house with them, teach them how to do the basics and then they fly on there own. (with many phone calls back and forth for advice)

If anyone else is consigning for others..be sure to sign up with eBay as a Traders Assistant. It places you on a roster with eBay thats searchable by zip codes.

I have a friend that approached me in February to sell her items. I then went to her house and she had 1/3 of her family room all set up and organized with her items for me to sell. I went WHOA Momma, I thought you meant like 5 items. We looked up Traders Assistants on eBay, she emailed 5. Five came by and gave her (us) a quote and then we researched who we wanted to give the business to. The Trading Assistants husband came by and picked up all the items, the TA photo'd them, put them up for auction, they sold and my girlfriend gotta check.

Sweet! Not my cup of tea, but there are those that enjoy doing this.

This is a great time too to get a working website up, ecrater, or whatever else you can. And to work on meta tags and key words to bring the search engines and sales.

Gotta run, Life is calling!
Donna
Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.