Skip to main content

Reply to "When do YOU leave feedback?"

I used to leave FB as soon as I received payment from my buyers...until I had to deal with 2 cases of FB extortion a few years ago ("give me a refund or else I'll neg you!")

For the last 3 years I have been leaving FB after it has been left for me, which is what EBay advised me to do, and I have not had a problem with that. I have a note in all of my listings that says "To save time I have my ebay account set-up to leave FB automatically after it has been left for me." This is not true, of course, and I am still doing it manually after I receive FB. Why? Originally it was because I didn't want to deal with buyers threatening me and I wanted to be able to work out problems with buyers before either of us left FB. Now, because of the new "no neut or neg FB for buyers" rule that eBay implemented earlier this year, I feel it's absolutely necessary to wait since Buyers can neg sellers for no reason and there's nothing we can do about it.

Is this unfair? Depends on if you are a buyer or seller. As a seller, I must do everything I can to keep my nose clean and running smoothly on eBay. If that means that someone who paid immediately after an auction ended won't get their FB, that's an unfortunate casualty. Seller's hand's are tied right now in more ways than one on eBay, and when you feel cornered and backed up against a wall, you have to protect yourself any way you can.

My 2 cents Wink
Last edited by californiadreamin
Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.