Skip to main content

Reply to "When Store Windows aren't working..."

I don't know. I never paid that much attention to my darn store window until the "big move" of the servers. Smile I didn't have anything to do because I couldn't list, so I went around reading the message boards. Then I got all wigged out about the store window and realized the darn thing doesn't remove items that sold--not until time runs out. And I literally hate going in there and trying to figure out which listings to hide. That window is like a thorn in my side if I look at it. It's never up to date--often shows items that have sold weeks ago.

And the reason people care about it so much is because if it's scrolling nothing, maybe buyers will think you haven't any more items. And really, if it's scrolling up to 16 items, that's nothing compare to my listings. I know it's impossible--I'm not trying to knock Auctiva at all--but I wish the darn thing would slowly scroll through all my listings. And I know that's too much to ask.

And to be honest, part of the problems I have with the window are my own laziness and nothing to do with Auctiva.

However, I also have to say that after I began using Auctiva and it's window--my sales increased. So even though on some days I detest the thing--I still love it. Wink

And I shamelessly promote my other items and store in each listing. It's like I'm subtly shouting to each potentional buyer, "pppluuueeeesssee click on the link. Oh, oh, purrrty pleeeeaaase. Look in my store!!" Yeah, yeah, I know it's awful. But a big reason I do auctions is to drive buyers to my store.

But, I'll always have a love/hate relationship with my Auctiva window. But I'd rather it be there than not. Thanks Auctiva. Smile
Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.