Skip to main content

Reply to "When testing my HTML, eBay SYI changes the code"

I understand that HTML is evolving and getting more enhancements and more structure and stricter rules. But at the same time it has a need to support older standards and faze them out (deprecated is the term, correct?).

What really bothered me was eBay SYI changing correct code options of valign=middle to the incorrect code valign=center. At W3schools, it does not say that the incorrect code was ever correct or deprecated. Then the correct align=center is changed to the incorrect align=middle. All this on the TD command in a table.

Danno, I don't know if you understood that that eBay SYI was doing this. That was my question. Am I doing something wrong or is eBay SYI actually changing the code? Can you confirm that it is eBay SYI and not me? I am very curious about this. And are there any other known quirks. I tried doing a Google search but didn’t find anything.

eBay SYI seems to be validating code and editing it and making changes. Is this normal? I know it parses out all the blanks and any structure which makes it impossible to view the code in HTML view and make any sense of it. So I cut and paste in and out of my editor to see what is going on.

I still have more to learn but it is hard to learn when not everyone is playing with the same rules for the game. I waste a lot of time chasing things that just don’t work the way they are expected to work.

Thanks for you help and any more thoughts on this.
Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.