Skip to main content

Reply to "WHEN will Auctiva fix the font problems???"

Hi chillipepper,

I'm sorry to hear of your frustration. While I cannot be 100% sure what is causing the behavior you described here without being able to reproduce the problem, I just looked through the description HTML of your most recent saved listings and immediately noticed they all contained a good deal of Microsoft Word formatting code and that is most likely the problem.

The main problem with this type of code is that is is not always displayed in web browsers the way it appears within Microsoft Word. On top of that, it is hard to predict how that code will interact when it is combined with the standard HTML produced by our description editor during the editing process.

In any event, I believe you will be able to avoid, or at least minimize, the problems of this nature moving forward by making sure that you do not introduce any proprietary Microsoft Word formatting code into the description editor.

If you have a standard piece of text that you paste into the description editor when you begin each listing or something of that nature, you could recreate it using a simple text editor like MS Notepad or as a profile within Auctiva so you can continue using it without introducing any of this code.

I hope this helps.

-Mike
Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.