Skip to main content

Reply to "When will the site be back up please????"

Everyone: let's keep in mind what we're paying for this service: $0. Zilch. Nada.
When you realize that, and how much the same service costs over at Andale and others... this weekly downtime is, for me at least, tolerable. Not enjoyable, but tolerable. Concerned about not being to list? Plan ahead and design & schedule your listings the day before the weekly maintenance. That's what I do. Seems the scheduling servers are not affected by the weekly maintenance downtime. Last week there was some extended downtime that DID affect those servers and even my scheduled posts did not go in time so I missed posting about 30 auctions or so.

Deal with it, live goes on. If you're making your living on eBay and depends on it to pay your bills, you should not rely on a free service where you have NO leverage to do your bidding. Step up to the plate and invest in a more robust solution and get the 99.99% uptime you need. For those that do not rely on eBay for their livelihood: deal with it. We’re all getting a free ride on something that would cost you anywhere from $50 to hundreds of dollars depending on your listing volume.

I say to the Auctiva guys: "You're doing a great job, putting up a great service and please keep up the good work!"
Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.