Skip to main content

Reply to "Where are my images?"

My images are also gone. I believe what may have happened on my end is this. When I recd quite a few ago the threat from Auctiva that all my images will be lost unless I purchased at least the $9.95 deal, so I did. Then I kept posting and adding photos. Suddenly, I was informed that I went over my allowed photo span of 1 GB and got a $1.30 charge. A note suggested I clean up using wizard, so I did. Every photo in there was deleted to make room for all future photos. What I had not been aware of or noticed in the desriptions of deleting in wizard, was that current photos in current listings should not be deleted. So, now I'm screwed, per say. I cleaned the hosting image to '0' and now All my photos except for the last week of posting are gone! I have to pull all my stock, rephoto, and relist. Time lost, all new stock is now on hold for listing. I have a minimum of 6 photos per listing. Imagine my time to unpack and repull items, rephoto at least 6 for each of them, download to the computer, crop, and relist within each listing. That's more than 225 listings right now that I know of.

After reading some of the forum concerns, I was given hope by going into the deleted photos to see if I can save them but Auctiva has already deleted them as it is past 14 days. Can't Auctiva retrieve them? Can't it be a longer hold time? Can't it be a little more clarified as to what to delete and not to delete? Can you imagine the 'photo management' time for sellers that it will take once this is all solved? The hours of pouring through photos in the auctiva photo hosting of what was sold or not, and to be careful in not deleting the wrong photos. As sellers, we are encouraged to put up many photos for the buyers' best viewing of the item; and I believe in that. I also understand that auctiva hosting site is over-filled with our photos. There has to be a better way. For $9.95 a month, now more work on me and no photos in my lisings. Buyers can't see a photo ~ they move on to another seller. Help - I need my photos and time back - PLEASE Help us. THank you
Last edited by auntiejjsstore
Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.