Skip to main content

Reply to "Where did I go wrong?"

quote:
Originally posted by carolelliott:
quote:
Originally posted by Capt. By the way, despite what they say, the number of truly "web-safe" colors was down in the 20's last I looked Wink

CB

Hi Cap,

I guess you are referring to html color codes to use on web pages ?

Hmmm, if that correct I'm in trouble ! Frown I have all kinds of colors in my templates.

No, your not. What they mean by "web-safe" is that the color is displayed exactly the same across all versions of IE, Nestscape, Firefox, Opera, etc. etc. and at all color qualities, like 16-bit, 32-bit, etc. etc. Oh, and don't forget Apple.

The good news for eBayers is that the difference for most colors is slight enough that it won't make any difference in your ad. Don't sweat it. I don't. Truthfully, there's nothing you could do about it, anyway. Seems to me the safe ones are almost all seasick-green or yellow or something. It's the real web-gurus that care, not amateurs like me.

However, what I said about those border styles still holds. I suggest specifying each side's color, instead of letting everyone's browser pick the light and the dark on their own.

quote:

Do you happen to have a link to a site that gives you the 20 safe color codes by any chance ?
22. Yeah. http://webmonkey.wired.com/webmonkey/00/37/stuff2a/comp...llysafe_palette.html
but don't let it bother you... Next year there will probably be even fewer.

(another reason why html-guys go insane).

quote:
Tar very much.

I still don't understand that. Does it have to do with Camels and Luckies?

CB
Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.