Skip to main content

Reply to "Where did I go wrong?"

quote:

An advantage to the way Auctiva does their auto downsized 400x300 "click to enlarge" feature is that when your customer clicks on the first thumbnail, he or she is taken to a "manual slide-show", more or less, of all of your big images. They don't have to hit the back button to get to the listing to be able to click the next thumbnail. They just click to the next page of the "slideshow". More customer friendly. I'd like to see them offer that with the 96 wides at some point in the future.

oh err, I forgot about this quote in my last post. I wonder if auctiva will ever do a image tag for the 140px or 160px thumbnail and set it up the same way as they do the 400 x 300 thumb ? as you describe above.

Maybe one day they will. ? They are always open to suggestions. So maybe I will post to that forum and ask for a vote on having a 140px thumbnail tag and auctiva templates ready made.

I personaly think the 400 x 300 thumbs are way to large for thumbs. They push the auction page way out if they are side by side. (and cause the dreaded scroll) and look a bit silly if you have 4 or 5 of them scrolling vertically down your page.

And the 96px thumbs way to small. Smile lol ~ yes I am never satisfied. !!

but, in the meantime I will carry on using my custom temps and I'll give the 180px thumb a shot and see how I looks

Thanks again for your help.

Tar ra.
Cas.
Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.