Skip to main content

Reply to "Where is the "Standard" Button for Editing?"

Hi geminijean,

I'm sorry to hear about the difficulties you are experiencing.

I reviewed your account and noticed that you are using an old version of our description editor, which we have been working to phase out for quite some time. This particular editor is not compatible with later versions of Internet Explorer (such as 9.0, 10.0 and 11.0) so the behavior you are seeing may be related to this compatibility issue.

If you are indeed using one of these later versions of Internet Explorer, you will need to update your account to use the latest description editor we have available to be able to effectively edit your descriptions through Internet Explorer once again.

This can be done by mousing over the “My Account” tab within your account, selecting the “Account Preferences” option, checking the box next to “Use Design Editor v2.0” in the Listing Management section and then clicking the “Update Account Preferences” button below.

Given that we are phasing out this old editor, please keep in mind that it will not be possible to go back to using the older one that is currently enabled in your account.

Since this particular issue is specific to the Internet Explorer browser, you should also be able to work around the issue by using either the Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox browsers if you would prefer.

I hope this helps. If you are not using one of these versions of Internet Explorer, or if you continue to encounter similar difficulties after trying these recommendations, please contact our Customer Support team directly from under the “Help” tab within your account and we will be happy to continue working with you on this.

-Mike
Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.