Skip to main content

Reply to "Where to Enter UPC or MPN? Is anyone able to add this?"

Hi lookandbuyme,

Thanks for the clarification. I did not realize which category you were referring to when I replied to your message but, after reading the similar post you made in the Everything Else section of our forum, I was able to track down your support case and figure out what you are referring to.

As it stands now, our system will not show the “Catalog Type” option for categories that offer the ability to link your listings to products in eBay's catalog using the “Find Product” option, but that should only be a problem for items that cannot be found in eBay's catalog.

If you use the “Find Product” option when listing in this category to associate your listing with an item in eBay's product catalog, the UPC code of the product will be submitted to eBay along with the rest of the catalog information and will be on file for the listing.

That being said, it does appear that the current setup will prevent sellers from entering UPC codes when listing items in these categories which cannot be found in eBay's catalog using the “Find Product” link so I will bring this up with our development team and we will look into coming up with a solution.

As I mentioned in my response to your other post, I will reopen the previous support case that you filed about this issue and keep you posted as additional information becomes available. It is not possible for a user to reopen a support case that has been closed, so you just would have had to file a new one to raise this issue again.

-Mike
Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.