Skip to main content

Reply to ""Why 60% of eBay Auctions Don't End in Sales""

I agree with most of the article. There are many variables that can affect a good selling strategy.

First, my business plan (yes, everyone should have one) is based on a high level of customer service, which has certainly been lacking on eBay. If I consistently please the customer by selling quality products, ship the day payment is received (Priority Mail), respond to emails quickly, and follow up with customers after the sale, the profit takes care of iteself.

While I do not sell that many items in my store, it does get a high volume of page hits from buyers wanting to see my other items. Also, if you use keywords well in your store, you get visibility in Google searches. Often, I do Google searches on my products, I frequently see my store on the first page of search results.

I also have over a hundred folks on my list whi want to get email messages when I have new products come in.

Oh, yes my sell through is about 65%, and I am ecstatic about it. I could make it better, but I could also lose money ;-)

The new fees have hurt a little, but free gallery images helps. Also, my dsr's have been good enough to get 5% and once 15% off my Final Value fees.

I ramble. Overall, I am still doing pretty well financially on eBay and plan to stay awhile. Good luck all!!
Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.