Skip to main content

Reply to ""Why 60% of eBay Auctions Don't End in Sales""

I agree with most points in this article except the claim that the eBay store gets ton of exposure. That comment almost made me fall of my chair! The only exposure it gets is when the seller drives traffic to it through auction listings or by self-promoting(and of course if the buyer searches in stores, which is less likely to happen.
About raising the price when sending it to the store...that only makes sense. For example, if I list something for auction at 1.99, expecting bidding to drive it it up to its actual value of 9.99, I am not going to list it in my store for 1.99 if it doesn't sell at auction. That would be ridiculous because it is worth 9.99. SO, maybe I would list it at 9.99 and put a best offer option on it. Or, maybe list it for more than 9.99 with best offer. But, I wouldn't list it at the auction price.
I don't know what my sell through rate is and I don't care at this point. I am trying to build a new business and that will take time. Right now, I can't even do that because of the stupid problem I have that my Auctiva photos are disappearing from my listings, but are still in Auctiva images.
Oh well, I just wanted to comment on this post, because it kind of hit a nerve.
Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.