Skip to main content

Reply to "Will this template work ok"

Hi Clive,

Again, in general, looks good. Wink

You've done the Seller Detail tags correctly for removal of unused sections; I assume from a using an Auctiva sample. There is one little gotcha that trips up many. The method Auctiva used from whichever sample has paragraph tags for each section. If you create more than a single paragraph in a section, the span and/or font tags used to apply color, font, etc., will "technically" apply only to the first paragraph and/or the editor will unformat the others. One work-around is to use divisions <div>...</div> in place of paragraphs <p>...</p> and apply the styles to the entire division. Another would be to use Ctrl-Enter to create <br /> codes for returns in the text (that bypasses new paragraphs being created).

The Title and Description and Images tags don't have a font size and font family assigned, as do the other sections. What you see is whatever default the browser gives them, e.g. the family name is Times New Roman with IE8 check at default setting.

I would experiement with the Preview in the template editor to see how sample text and pictures work with various layouts and repeat that with real text and images in the one-page lister.

Let me know if you have any problems and I'll try to lend a hand. You're do'in great!

Danno
Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.