Skip to main content

Reply to "Will this template work ok"

Morning Clive,

Here's what I did....for AM Coffee Challenge.

I created a CSS Style Sheet just ahead of the text section and pulled all the header and text info into simple classes to make changes easy and removed all the inline coding. I created a division around the entire section applied the class name gg_text_section. I left the title and headers(pictures) in paragraphs and changed the text fields from paragraphs to division. Note, when you create your text elements in the one-page description box or the Seller Details profile, the editor will (normally) add paragraphing for you. I used x-small for the text font and medium for the title. That's now simple to change in the style sheet for either. Hopefully, this method will make it easier to make simple changes like font size and font color and gives you standardized code that the editor will also like.

The only real change I made was to operate the text (not headers) as margin "justified", i.e. the text will flow from left to right and fill to the margins (rather than the raggy edge look center would do). If that's not desired, just change that word justify in the style sheet to center (like it's doing to the headers).

Suggestion: You might want to give the margins a little wider setting. The table that surrounds the center section uses cellspacing=20 to invoke the margin. Increasing that will increase the surround margin. That decision needs some real text, pics, etc. to get a correct look.

Again, the purpose on using divisions around the text fill-in tags is that the editor will add paragraphing (correct pagination) and keep the code technically correct (no paragraphs within paragraphs).

Here's the result at practiceboard:

http://www.practiceboard.com/?10919347

Hope this helps.

Danno
Last edited by danno
Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.