Skip to main content

Reply to "Wish list for manager 3.xx"

These are my initial comments/observations after installing 3.x, I have updated to the latest version which is 3.07d at the time of these comments.

1. there is some difference between how the work for adding price plus shipping plus insurance between 2.89 and the 3.x version, it seems you have to add both the plus signs and the descriptors to the to get something that looks normal. why not write up a list of the tags and the differences between versions?

2. It is really difficult to debug all the form letter changes between 2.89 and 3.x because you have not provided a directory of the current tags and their definitions anywhere that I can see, nor have you explained differences in tag use between 2.89 ands 3.X

3. it would be useful to provide an easy way to test newly constructed form letters or those imported from the prior version with dummy data, to make certain they are working correctly (especially combined auctions) before sending them out. Perhaps have an option for some dummy data for form letter testing purposes.

4.There is some strangeness in the list of form letters not appearing until you click from within edit form letters, existing form letters, this makes no sense and adds a wasted step.

5. It would be very useful to have a list of ALL 2.89 vs 3.x differences so that a lot of time doesn't have to be wasted figuring this out on the fly.

6. I am not sure if there is any easy way to do an override on combined shipping like there was in 2.89 this is a VERY IMPORTANT feature as combined shipping varies quite a bit from order to order and I need a simply way to handle on the fly like when composing the congrats letter like in 2.89. The suggestion to just use the "highest" shipping amount is not useful or feasible for the items I sell, I need to determine the combined shipping amount after the fact based on the specific items combined.
Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.