Skip to main content

Reply to "Won't let me write"

Hi Patric,

Thanks for contributing to our forum. There is a compatibility issue between our older description editor that is still enabled for your account and Internet Explorer 10.0 which will cause the editor not to load successfully when using that specific browser, so I suspect that issue is responsible for the behavior you have described.

Provided this is the case, in order to be able to view and edit your descriptions using the Internet Explorer 10.0 browser, you will need to update your account to use the newer description editor we have available. This can be done by mousing over the “My Account” tab within your account, selecting the “Account Preferences” option, checking the box next to “Use Design Editor v2.0” in the Listing Management section and then clicking the “Update Account Preferences” button below.

We have been gradually phasing out the older version of the description editor and it has not been available in new accounts for quite some time now. As part of this process, if you update your account to use the newer editor, it also will not be possible to resume using the older one once again.

Since this particular issue is specific to the Internet Explorer 10.0 browser, you should also be able to work around the issue by using either the Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox browsers if you would prefer.

I hope this helps. If you are not using Internet Explorer 10.0, or if you continue to encounter similar difficulties after trying these recommendations, please feel free to contact our Customer Support team directly from under the “Help” tab within your account and we will be happy to continue working with you on this.

-Mike
Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.