Skip to main content

Reply to "Yet another way Auctiva saves me $.."

quote:
Originally posted by scorch:The difference being that when you submit it to eBay this time, they will see it as a new listing (provided you don't "save" the similar listing over the old one first and then submit it)

Hi scorch - You are right, you do have to repost as a new listing every other time in order to stay eligible for the credit. However, I see no problem if you 'save' your revised listing over the old one, or if you just repost your saved listing without changes. I see no need to 'save as new'. Why wouldn't ebay see it as a new listing no matter what? Your caveat seems to imply that ebay tags your SAVED listing with the item number when first posted and is thus able to recognize it the second time around, treating it as a relist, rather than a new post. In other words, I thought the item number only attached to the active listing, but not the saved listing. Isn't this why we have to 'relist' from either ebay or the CLOSED folder, rather than from the SAVED folder? Smile

quote:
Originally posted by tty2k7/winkelstore.com:
its stupid to relist if you its not selling

Hi winkelstore - Unfortunately I have had more than one occasion to relist an item multiple times before it eventually SOLD. Depending on many factors - it may be necessary to lower the price until it sells, or change the category, pictures, description, or any number of things. Or maybe the sell-through rate on a particular item is just naturally low due to the market for that item. My point is that scorch makes an important point about how to stay eligible for ebay's elusive "credit", for those who might not be aware of ebay's 'first relist only' policy, and are stuck with that pesky item beyond the second listing. I do however acknowledge your point about knowing when to quit. Smile
Last edited by ninthwave
Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.