Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Hi itsjustme,

I'm sorry to hear about the strange behavior you have been experiencing. I am not aware of any current technical issues that would cause a message not to show up in the Notifications section when an item fails to post or explain the lag time you mentioned, so that is something we would need to look into further.

I do not currently see any failure messages on your Scheduled Listings page so I am uncertain which items you are referring to. However, if you encounter either of these issues again, I recommend contacting our Customer Support team by mousing over the “Help” tab within your account and selecting the “File Support Case” option.

whppdhubby,

In your case, eBay's system rejected our attempts to post the items in question on your behalf and returned the API error message on your Notifications page which indicate eBay's system detected that the listings are in violation of eBay policy due to the inclusion of shortened URLs.

I reviewed the description HTML that was submitted with each of these listings and I did not see anything remotely similar to a shorten URL so, although eBay's system appears to have blocked these listings erroneously, I am uncertain what aspect of the listings may have caused their system to generate this error.

I have seen this specific API error be generated incorrectly before and I will pass the details of the issue over to someone at eBay to make sure they are aware of the problem but, based on the circumstances, I cannot be sure what you may need to do differently to post these items successfully through Auctiva.

It is possible that these listings will post successfully if you try posting them again but, if you continue to receive the same errors, a couple things you could try that may allow you to post them successfully is recreate them from scratch and try again or post them directly through the eBay Sell your Item form.

If you would like to use Auctiva's image hosting and design tools when posting an item directly through eBay, just go to your Auctiva "Saved Listings" page and click the <HTML> icon next to the item, then copy the HTML code that appears in the pop-up window. Then, when creating your listing through eBay, click the "HTML" tab on the editor and paste in the copied Auctiva HTML and it will reflect the design you created in Auctiva.

I regret that I cannot offer you a more definitive solution but I hope this gives you a better idea what has happened with these listings and helps you determine how to proceed from here.

-Mike
Mike thanks I have left the two in the notification area. The Jim Backus and the Henderson item. Feel free to prod. Thanks again!
Auctiva Notifications

Show Events For What Is This?

Events in

Event Level Filter

No Account Events To Display

No Listing Events To Display

No Transaction Events To Display

No Image Events To Display

Scheduled Listings
Event Date Title Description Event Level

Remove
11/14/2012 9:52:13 AM CST / MEX Jim Backus Hand Signed Autographed Contract Gilligans Island Rebel Without API Error

View Error Message From eBay Failure [X]
11/14/2012 9:44:49 AM CST / MEX Marcia Henderson Hand Signed Contract Autographed 1955 The Naked Hills API Error

View Error Message From eBay Failure [X]
Hi whppdhubby,

Thanks for the clarification. I actually did review those listings prior to posting my previous response and, as I mentioned, eBay's system definitely appears to have blocked the items from posting in error because nothing that was sent to eBay along with the listings should be seen as a shortened URL.

Please review my previous comments about those posting failures for feedback on what you may be able to do to get those listings posted successfully.

-Mike
I too had a few listing that did not post to eBay on the first try. Mine said they were successfully posted but nothing was posted.

This was mentioned in a support ticket I filed about my some of listings not transferring over correctly. I did not post this as "the main problem" as my bigger issue was that of shipping and payment options getting messed up but I did mention it as the reason I had to call eBay to verify it really didn't post and eBay checked everything thoroughly and watched the reposting of the same item. They did not get it at all and the issue was not on their end.

I also suggest that just in case while this is occurring that you all have your accounts noted in case there ends up being a duplicate posting at some point because of this postng, not posting and reposting which is what she did with my account.

That was on the 12th.

It happened to a couple other items prior to that but eventually posted after a few tries.
Last edited by trinkets

Add Reply

Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.