Skip to main content

1. is it possible to get the scrolling gallery inserted into the description area of a listing and then further force it to scroll only certain ads? i know its not a auctiva feature, i'm asking if i take the scrolling html and code it into the description if it will actually work there like it does on the store page
2. is there some way to get saved shipping, payment, etc profiles to display some specific text for those items. for example i will be listing some items where the price includes shipping and i would like to some text about that show up in ads shipping area.
bob
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Hi in answer to your first question This is located at this thread https://community.auctiva.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/4556093...831002852#7831002852
quote:

Posted November 20, 2007 04:41 PM Hide Post
Hi janrosben,

The Auctiva scrolling gallery in your listings refreshes about every 4 hours so, when you post new items to your eBay account, those items will have the potential to be displayed in your scrolling gallery within about 4 hours.

The scrolling gallery is also set to display 14 of your active listings at a time and is refreshed every 4 hours. Each time the store window refreshes, it is populated with another 14 of your current listings that are ending around the same time as the next auction of yours that is viewed.

If you would like to force certain items to be displayed in your scrolling gallery, please click the "Store Items" link under the "Store" tab within your account, and designate the desired items as "featured". Once you have done so, your featured items will be preferentially displayed in your scrolling gallery the next time it refreshes.
Also view this thread https://community.auctiva.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/4556093...731014852#2731014852
For this
quote:
1) Click the “Scrolling Gallery HTML” link under the “Store” tab within your Auctiva account.
2) Highlight and copy the entirety of the HTML code displayed in the “Scrolling Gallery HTML” box.
3) Visit the item on eBay and click the “Revise your Item” link.
4) Scroll down about 1/3 the page to the “Description” section and click the “HTML” tab on the editor.
5) Place your cursor within the HTML description where you would like the scrolling gallery to appear, and paste in the HTML copied from the “Scrolling Gallery HTML” page.
6) Save your changes. <<<

May not be exactly what you are looking for but should guide you in your steps.
Your second question would be dealt with in the profiles tab located here http://www.auctiva.com/profiles/landing.aspx
Just set up a shipping profile and name it something you will associate with the same price shipping items and when you post use that.
Hope this helps and is not too confusing! Smile
1) If you're good enough with coding, you could probably edit scrolling gallery code to move it where you want. You might have to do that after you've listed the item though (editing at ebay).

2)If shipping is included in the cost of the item, in other words it's free shipping. So you'd set up a profile specifically for those items and enter "0" in the cost field to specify free shipping. Then in that same profile, write in the description box that price includes shipping.
That's the only way I can think of doing what you want to do.

Add Reply

Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.