Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Hi,

What you've described is similar to a "coffee challenge" I recently did with 658 Greene Street (community member Sapienette). You might want to look at the last page in the thread and my post with link to practicewriter of the template design.

https://community.auctiva.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/6881044121/m/3371078603

I've also done the design in "Yum" warm colors for MyVintageLady to go with her banner and motif.

I like your choice of webpages for ideas. That's very good design. It's my concept of SophieBox (at a glance, choice elements, and all on one screen) to the extreme. Big Grin I looked at one of the men's sweater pages, and they use color bars with single click to change all the images. Alot of functionality on the page, but it all works very very well. This type of design would work well in the new eComm Stores. Wink

Danno
Hi,

Just to establish a starting point, I took that template example from my prior "coffee challenge" and embellished some of your suggestions.

Here's the code at practicewriter:

http://practicewriter.com/vu/?55A1D

One problem with 750 x 500 pictures will be their inability to operate within a 1024 x 768 monitor or smaller view. Normally, I recommend something less than 600 pixel height with a Sophiebox design. I also noticed your listings typically use more than 5 pictures. Most vintage sellers do. I would suggest a minimum of 10 thumbs and this 12 thumb design works fairly well with maintaining the 3:2 aspect ratio for both the thumbs and main image with good alignments.

That "add to Watch List" is currently operating with a link to Google, as it's not a true listing page.

I also added a mouseover treatment lipstick red border for the thumbs.

Danno

Edit: As a comparison, the click to supersize on the UrbanOutfitters page produces a 563 x 375 image with 77 x 50 thumbs. The page design I created uses a 558 x 372 with 90 x 60 thumbs. Virtually identical for the main image, but mine is precisely at the 3:2 aspect ratio for the main and thumb images (no stretch or distortion).
Last edited by danno

Add Reply

Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.