Skip to main content

Can someone explain why I might have a problem with listings posting to eBay? I have 3 listings that no matter what I do will not list. I have even tried creating similar listings and posting those but they won't post either. I have been able to create and post bnew listings successfully since those but just can't get those 3 to post. I have contacted Auctiva but surprise surprise, no response. I appreciate any help.
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

I'm sorry you're having difficulties.

I filed a ticket with help and had a response within 30 minutes. Have you checked your spam/junk folders, the response might have gone in there.

When you do the error check via Auctiva the filters try to keep up with eBays rules & regs. Ebay adds new rules, words and more and sometimes they need to be added to the Auctiva system.

You might try uploading directly on eBay to see if it will boot out there and if so, if it does...eBay Live might be able to give you the answer.

Good Luck,
Donna
There is no error message. It passes the error check and acts as if it is trying to post. It even updates the last posting date on the saved listings page to reflect the posting attempt and I get the black asterisk indicating it is trying to post but it never does and then refreshing the saved listing page shows the item never posts and the asterisk disappears. I have finally found out though that there was an error in the parameter for international shipping weights. The problem now Auctiva has to fix is why the error check did not reveal this. Thanks all.
quote:
Originally posted by theneverendingwardrobe:
I have finally found out though that there was an error in the parameter for international shipping weights. The problem now Auctiva has to fix is why the error check did not reveal this. Thanks all.

That happened with another person I was helping about 2 or 3 months ago. This is the second incident so it didn't stick in my mind. Now the other problems..Rick and I are constantly telling people to dump their cache, history, use Firefox yada yada

We ended up surmising it was due each different countries shipping increments but I can't be certain without doing a search through the forums which I'm sure you would've already done.

I advised him to report this to Auctiva. It's not something that has happened to me in the year I've been with Auctiva so there was no reason for me to take the time to report it.

Whether the seller did report it as I advised, I don't know.

Unless someone takes the time to fill out a customer help ticket and notify Auctiva of this then they won't know to get their engineers to fix it.

Auctiva doesn't have a person manning the message boards so it's always best to fill out help tickets.

I'm also a powerseller, four eBay IDs and have been selling since 98..so I'm pretty savvy, too. One store open, one store closed as of last February. Three IDs retired for the summer slow months. But getting ready to start in ready to go for the heavier selling months.

Good Luck,
Donna
Thanks for taking the time to read and respond. Opening a Help Ticket was the 1st thing I did. My husband is an IT guy so clearing my cache, defragging my harddrive and deleting temporary internet files is something I do religiously. ;o) It's weird the error check didn't pick it up and it acted like it was posting. The biggest problem at this point wasn't just that the error check didn't work. Trying to finid the problem was like trying to find a needle in a haystack! Thanks again for all your help and input. I will definitely come here and check things out regularly.

theneverendingwardrobe
HI, I too am having trouble getting my ads to launch to ebay. Must be some hangup somewhere as earlier today I launched one fine. So hopefully things will get fixed and we can go ahead and get our auctions going. The most important thing to remember here is that you can write ads, put multi pictures, and lots of other goodies and it's FREE - sometimes we tend to forget that fact and get frustrated when things don't work as they should. Glad someone has turned in a ticket so the powers that be will know about it.
Mine aren't posting either and it's kind of important since they're intended for the UK Buyers!!! In a few minutes I will have missed my premium time block!! Will have to wait till tomorrow. AUCTIVA BETTER NOT try listing the auctions AFTER the 30 minute time limit I gave. Don't want to pay eBay fees for auctions that end when my buyers are sound asleep!!

Once again, on Auctiva, we bring up issues and nothing happens. No response, especially on Sundays it seems. Almost seem oblivious. Any idea how hard a "SYSTEM STATUS" feature would be. Just so we know that THEY know there's a problem!!!

Add Reply

Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.