The Apple iPhone is a hot new technology that turns a cell phone into a compact but fully functional mobile computer. We have developed an exciting new mobile listing application specifically for iPhone users.
With this new mobile iPhone tool, you can use to create eBay listings when you are away from your home or office and upload them to your Auctiva account via the internet.
While we aren’t quite ready to do a general release of our new Auctiva listing application for iPhone, we have completed it to the point that we are looking for Auctiva users who have an iPhone and who would like to Beta test this new application for us.
What does it mean to be a Beta tester?
Simple...you get to try out this new and very fun to use application totally free and with no obligation, and then give us feedback about what you thought of it.
So, are you ready to be a be a beta tester? Here’s what you need to do to get started:
1. Have (or have the use of) an Apple iPhone
2. Locate your iPhone’s ‘device ID’. Here’s how you do that.
- Connect iPhone to computer and start iTunes.
- Click on your iPhone's name in the Devices list on the left-hand side of iTunes.
- Make sure the "Summary" tab is selected (it should be selected by default)
- You should see a section listing the iPhone's Name, Capacity, Software Version, and Serial - Number. Click the Serial Number and it should change to the Identifier (UDID).
- In the iTunes menu at the top of the screen click ‘Edit’, then click ‘Copy’…
Got all that? Good. Now send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with iPhone App Beta in the subject line and send us:
- Your email address
- Auctiva user name
- Paste in your iPhone’s Device ID (you should have gotten that when you clicked ‘copy in the step preceding.
We will record this information in our records and will send you back an email with links to 2 files you will need, along with detailed instructions about how you will use these files to obtain and install the Auctiva iPhone Lister Application on your iPhone as well as how to report feedback from your experience.
Thanks and Happy Beta Testing,