Skip to main content

For the 2nd time in a row, I have a customer getting "Error Message 1002 - unable to get item using seller token" when trying to check out using Auctiva Checkout. Last time, I was told by Greg @ Auctiva that they hadn't had any other reports of this problem, that my account appeared to be fine & that it must therefore be an isolated case, probably caused by some kind of malware on the customer's computer. I eventually had to have her pay me directly through PayPal. Well, now my next customer is getting the same error. And this one is a 0 feedback buyer, so this going to be all kinds of fun.

Is anyone else getting this error?

Can anyone at Auctiva Support offer any more advice? I tried doing the live chat thing but it says you are all temporarily unavailable...
Chrissie
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Hi,

I've only ever seen this error reported with an invalid Token. Are you sure your token is showing active at both eBay and Auctiva. Here's a prior report of this rare problem.

https://community.auctiva.com/e...1021901/m/7591064862

Danno

Edit: Given your registered in the Forum in September 2007 and tokens last for 18 months before they require renewall, is that a coincidence or is there something to that time correlation with your signup and passing token with eBay about or before that time and that it is now 18 months later?
Last edited by danno
I did renew my auctiva/ebay token when I got this error the 1st time, last week, because I wondered the same thing.

I did change my ebay username a couple of months ago, so I renewed it then, too. I've had sales since then that have been fine (no errors), until last week. And last week, before I renewed it again, it said it was active. And it still says it is active.
Also, all my listings (closed, active, etc.) are showing up correctly in my Listings section in Auctiva.

The only possibility that I can come with is that I turned on the moneybookers & paymate options in ebay (since I have accounts with both sites). Both of the items that threw up this error on checkout had both options turned on, but the previous item that sold didn't & checked out just fine. Hmm... Would/could that cause this?
And no, the problem listings were completely new, auction-style listings, not relisted old ones. I have now removed the moneybookers & paymate payment options from all my listings that don't already have bids, just in case that is the problem. The 2 customers who did get the error were trying to pay with PayPal, though, so... who knows! LOL Maybe just having those options enabled was screwing it up.

Add Reply

Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.