Skip to main content

Don't know if anyone on this site can help me or at least point me to a forum that might be able to - I have tried CNET but nothing seems to really get answered there.

I have Office 2003 but for some time now I have not been able to use Outlook. It keeps telling me it can't make contact with the server, but when I tell it to Work Offline it comes up with the message:

''Unable to open your default mail folders. Your profile is not configured''.

This is fine and if it would allow me to configure my profile I would be happy, but as soon as I press "OK" the program ends.

I have tried deleting and re-installing Outlook through the Office Setup file - still the same.

Can anybody help - I have been using Outlook Express as a default but it doesn't have all the options I want to use?
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Often you can just put the installation disk in and instead of re-install, you can hit repair and that usually fixes the problem without changing any of your settings.

If you can get the program to open up, you can go to help and select "detect and repair", which will usually resolve any problems.

Hope some of this helps! It really just sounds like it just needs a kick in the pants.

Fatso

Add Reply

Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.