Skip to main content

All my images are showing as just blank Boxes with Question Mark or Cross in all of my 280 odd ebay listing, some are store items and all were working fine untill this morning, if i look in my auctiva image folder i have addresses for all of the images but every image is blank with question mark in the middle (Using Firefox and safari)
Is anybody else having the smae problem,
thanks Ian.
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Hi There, Yes I am having the same problem.. All was fine last night and when I checked my listings this morning, they all have red x in them. I checked Auctiva and all images stored in Auctiva are also marked with a red x. There is another thred regarding this underneath yours and the news didn't sound too good. I am hoping that Auctiva can fix this, the other message from Auctiva made it sound as though the images are lost for good. I hope not as I have hundreds and hundreds stored in Auctiva like you and it would take forever to have to take all those photo's again. As of yet, Auctiva has not answered my help request, that was sent 3 hours ago.. Keeping my fingers crossed they magical appear. Have lost heaps of sales due to no images..
I have tried looking at images using both safari and Firefox, what i can say is i have about one percent or so that are showing using safari and slightly more using firefox (when looking through my image folders) HOWEVER i dont thing the images have been lost for good as all of them show up as gallery images next to the title of each auction where i have used the gallery feature, so the images are showing here BUT when i actually view the Auction itself by clicking on the auction title, all images are bank, So to confirm images are at least showing in gallery next to ebay item Title, but none in auctions themselves, this has happened before and in the past they have returned lets just hope this is the case with these as i to have a vast amount of items and it would take a week or so pretty much to replace these, i have also found that when ever i have tried to ammend any running auctions it has never worked.
Hope we have some news soon,
Cheers Ian.
have given up on ones that end today and concentrating on redoing ones that were to list today and those images lost too. luckly i always back up in another hosting site worth the 25 bucks a year, since over the years i have lost 4000 images when free hosting sites went under.also keep a copy in reycycle bin till items sold a little extra work but worth it.
As it is nearly the end of the day here in Australia, I have also given up for today, but am hoping that maybe when I wake up in the morning and turn on the computer, all of my images will be there.. It's a nice thought anyway. If not, guess I will have to start from scratch tomorrow. Unfortunately, all of my images are not backed up, so it will be out with the trusty camera, it only means about 2 weeks or so of taking photo's to catch up. Oh what a thought to go to bed on. We live and learn. I wish I had 3-bs fore-thought, and kept them backed up. Saves alot of work if this were to happen again. We all learn from mistakes I guess..
Firefox apparently doesn't support Auctiva photos. For the last year or so, I've been trying, off and on, to get my photos to show on Firefox, to no avail. I've given up, and just hope that all my customers use Internet Explorer so they won't miss the photos.

It's either that, or just list through eBay and forget about Auctiva, but I do like its other features, so I'm sticking with it.

Good luck!

Add Reply

Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.