Skip to main content

Does any of you use a Canon Powershot A1100IS. I am unable to upload pictures taken with this camera to Auctiva. Pictures taken with my kodak uploads perfectly. I even transferred the memory card that has the pictures with the canon, to my kodak camera, and it failed to upload. So then, I know the problem is with the pictures taken with the canon. Any advice? Thanks so much.
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

I was able to solve the problem above. So I thought I might come back and post the solution here for anyone who might find themselves in the same predicament with a canon powershot A1100Is.
I found out that with the 12.1 pixels, the pictures had to be resized for them to upload. So instead of using Auctiva Basic HTML Uploader, I used the Auctiva Uploader instead. It automatically resizes the pictures for you. And that solved the problem. I was able to upload my pictures.
I hope this will help someone else.
Hi, Just a few tips on uploading images. Auctiva's uploader will only import images of 3 MB Max. If you are editing your photos, crop to a 4:3 format, resize to 1024px x 768px (apply some sharpening here if you can) and save to Max resolution. These will upload quickly and give you sharp full page images when supersized. If you don't want to edit or can't, set you cameras resolution to under 3MB, its all you need, anymore is not really neccessary unless you are editing. With vertical images, for best results, its a little more complex. Take a copy of your image. When editing image one, rotate, edit and crop to a 3:4 format, rotate back to landscape mode and resize to 1024px x 768px, sharpen and save in landscape mode. With the copy, image two, repeat as above but resize to 768px x 576px. Upload both images to Auctiva in landscape mode. Go to manage images, select edit - rotate - save with both your images. On the auctiva description page, when loading images, on the right is a box labelled ebay header image, select image one, the one resized to 1024px x 768px (when your listing appears on ebay, your image will occupy max column inches making it stand out more!). Go back to select image and load image two, the one resized to 768px x 576px, in the first space. When this vertical image is supersized, the viewer won't have to scroll up and down to see all your image.

Supersub

Add Reply

Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.