Skip to main content

I have been trying to log on to Auctiva all day to no avail. It just sit grinding away and never goes anywhere. The only way I can access anything about Auctiva is to google auctiva and click on the community page. Somehow, it let me log on as a previous user name. I tried to log on as current userid and it says I don't exist. And my store items are not showing in any of my 147 ebay listings that I can find. HELP!!! I can't even access the help request screen. booooohooooo SOB/SNORT/SNIFF. Can someone please put me out of my misery? I've been trying this since 5 a.m. est today.
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Hi bloodsacrificeredeemed,

All of our servers are up and running so I'm not quite sure what may be preventing you from being able to access the site. If you let me know what you see on your screen when you attempt to access the site, I'll see what I can do to help you out.

We have seen some reports from other users who are having trouble getting to Auctiva and it appears that there is a networking issue going on at the moment that is preventing users with certain ISP's or in certain geographical locations from getting to us. Unfortunately, that isn't something we can address from our end.

Additional information on this situation has been posted on the following thread of our community forum: https://community.auctiva.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7486099...121097403#2121097403

-Mike
Hi Mike,

Aren't you folks on Cogent backbone? Are you aware of Sprint-Nextel severing the link?

http://www.forbes.com/prnewswire/feeds/prnewswire/2008/...SPR_____NETH134.html

Status on the backbone shows same:

http://internetpulse.keynote.com/

Danno

Edit: This seems to be a repeat of those problems back in June, when Cogent and one of the Euro Net providers got into a tiff. That lasted for quit some time until they resolved the contract issues.
Last edited by danno
Hi bloodsacrificeredeemed,

Thanks for following up with me. Based on the error you are receiving, it appears you are being affected by the networking issue I described in my previous response. Unfortunately, this is not something that can be corrected from our end so you'll just have to wait it out.

The fact that you cannot access the Auctiva website right now will not compromise any of your data, so all your profiles and other data will still be there when you can access your account again.

-Mike
Hi blood...

Click on those two links I left for Mike. The second one monitors the major backbone connections between the majors. Note the "NA" status on the Cogent - Sprint with 1 hour and 4 hour snapshots and a click on same shows they aren't talking at all.

Well, that would make sense on why so many were posting little or no access last night and this morning. Roll Eyes

Danno
Last edited by danno
Hi Community,

Thanks for keeping us up to date on how this issue is affecting you. Please continue to do so as it help us to know the IP ranges of those being affected and may help others in the same situation understand that they are not alone. We're definitely not very happy that this is taking place either.

We understand that it must be frustrating for those of you who are being affected by this problem to be unable to access the Auctiva website, however, switching over to our backup ISP would require taking the entire site down for a significant amount of time to make the necessary configuration changes.

This issue is only affecting a relatively small subset of our customers and the decision to switch to our backup ISP is not something that should be rushed. Our technical team is continuing to monitor this situation and gather as much information as we can from the affected ISP's to make sure we make the best decisions possible with respect to this issue.

If the decision to make this switch is made, we will definitely do our best to give you all as much advance notice as possible.

-Mike
Mike has it right, the time to switch would impact the great % of people who can currently get to our site, so we'd in effect be down for more people. We'll hold out a little bit and see if they can't get this worked out like grown ups first.

I would not recommend either Sprint or Cogent as companies I'd use again at this point.

Can someone recommend a safe free proxy site that people could use in the meantime to access our site?
Ok again. I answered my own question. For those of us who are stranded in the sorry Sprint area and have no good idea when anything is going to get resolved, we can switch over our internet service provider to another service such as cable internet provider. My local service says they are their own Tier One backbone service and the Sprint/Cogent mess won't effect me by using them. In other words, I can continue to access Auctiva with no problems. I realize it may seem radical for me to switch my provider but I can't wait around for the Big Boys to get their tiff settled to access Auctiva.
After several hours of talking to many people at Sprint, no help in sight. They are not sure when, or if, any reconnections will be made to Cogent. Lawyers working, etc, but not any good news for a while. Anyone with good news or work-arounds?

Technical question though for you who are good at this - once things have been placed on ebay through Auctiva and are no longer effected by the Sprint connection, why do the listings look different? Just curious.
Mike and Jeff, please add this IP (same user id)to your list of folks not getting around too well today. I can partially create & save a listing, but no uploading of photos, no templates, and more...

Yeah, I'll be hurting too if I can't list, but luckily, I work on this every single day for 12+ hours, not just on the weekends (my only source of $$), so I have a few things scheduled. I don't understand all the Sprint - Cogent stuff, don't have either, so hopefully it'll work itself out soon.

My last time to access Auctiva was during the usual Thursday night update (and I should have known better!), so this is all new drama for me. Thanks for always being here for me! I know you guys are doing your best.
quote:
Originally posted by 3-bs:
suggesting we barage embarq with emails telling them we will never use a sprint nextell product , phone or cell

I tried that, lol. I was told that I didn't have Sprint service, I had Embarq service and they had no idea what I was talking about. I asked, if Sprint and Embarq are different....why am I getting error messages? They then sent me directions on how I could manually change my local server on windows xp. I have no idea what he wanted me to change my server to. I miss my Auctiva Frown
Hi Folks,

I was out for the day, but looking (again) at the situation. As blood... suggested, you can switch providers or use a backup provider that's not on the Sprint-Nextel-Embarq portion of the backbone.

I use cable here in Ohio, InSight, which actually uses the national Time-Warner Roadrunner backbone, so I'm not affected.

Jeff suggested the idea of using free "Proxy" services for access. That's a possibility, but I have no firm recommendations on who, how secure, and how reliable. Folks....this is the way "kids and college students" get-around restrictions and blocks on access, so I'll see if I can find any "references" from the in-touch crowd. Roll Eyes I'll try testing a few tommorrow.

I'll repeat my advise......raise HELL with your ISP and demand a restoration of service.

Danno
ATTENTION MIKE AND JEFF!!!
UPDATE
The problem is far from one sided.. THIS ISSUE EFFECTS ALL EBAY USERS EVERYWHERE due to the beef with sprint and cogent over cogent not wanting to fulfil the contractual obligations and pay the bills, the internet has been cut in 2. Sprint based backbones and providers and Cogent backbones and providers can no longer communicate over the internet.. Auctiva uses Cogent My isp uses Sprint Therefore i can not get onto auctiva to create listings, my supersized images and HTML have all disappeared and kiss the scrolling gallery goodbye! well some would say just switch your isp.. WRONG ANSWER A BIGGER ISSUE HAS BEEN OVERLOOKED!!! even if you switch your isp so that you can once again use the beloved auctiva ALL of the other users using a sprint backbone can STILL no longer see any of your auctiva goodies I.E. Templates, supersized images, scrolling gallery, HTML, AND THE LIST GOES ON... I had one bidder email me stating that he could not see the images on a listing where the pics are quite crucial!! this means he will no longer be bidding and maybe my $500 item will only go for $300???? THIS IS A REAL DILEMMA AND ALL ANYONE NOT ABLE TO USE Auctiva SHOULD FILE A CLAIM TICKET WITH YOUR ISP!!! in my experience the only way to make a giant corp. do anything is to get a lot of pissed off people asking the right questions and giving them as much grief about the issue as possible. And shame on them for letting there corporation mentality and pissing contest effect THOUSANDS of small businesses. This issue is literally tearing the internet in half creating an impossible scenario for small businesses. Congratulations Sprint and cogent you have successfully taken away MILLIONS of our potential customers. And a side note to Cogent..... Pay your damn utility bills everyone else in this world has to..
And a second note.. think you can just switch to a proxy server to upload pics and log on to auctiva...
well if you are lucky enough to log on you have about oh a .00000001% chance of actually being able to upload your pictures and guess what everyone out there using sprint still cant see them and you will have to deal with the obvious issue of a ton of unblockable popups that come with all proxy servers
by the way being the nice guy that i am i will list the one proxy i have found that kinda works proxsurf123.info

PS my isp is also WOW (wide open west)seemingly would have nothing to do with Sprint right?? think again WOW a very large ISP in the northeast with MILLIONS OF CUSTOMERS uses..... YOU GUESSED IT a SPRINT BACKBONE!!!!!!

ALSO the powers that be will get a laught out of this... i had to sign up just to post this with a secondary email account because of this issue auctiva emails will no longer reach ANY msn/hotmail users... i would not consider that a "minor issue only effecting a few users" how many ebay users do you think use an msn email address 10s of millions maybe???
this is only one of the hundreds of issues that in sure will be shown in the days to follow! This is like blocking off a one way road and not having a detour...
if you would like to contact me with any questions or comment my actual email address is
Dkstreak_62@msn.com
Ebay Id DKstreak
-concerned power seller
also any one interested in giving donations to cogent so that they can pay there bills should contact them.. and anyone dumb enough to do that can paypal me at the above email address to help me pay mine now that i will be losing thousands on my ebay auctions Smile

Add Reply

Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.