Skip to main content

I just spent 2+ hours making a new listing for a very expensive gemstone ring. I worked on charts, detailed descriptions, lots of photos, carefully designing one of my best efforts! When I saved it by pushing the "saved as new button", Auctiva dumped me out and asked for my name and password. The screen popped up with the OLD listing. When I went to the saved listings location, my new listing was NOT THERE! I lost a huge effort... this was a very important listing. Now I have to do it all over again! I've wasted hours!!
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Okay!!! Don't say to save early and often. I started all over a second time! The EXACT SAME THING HAPPENED...I immediately saved the new listing with the SAVE AS NEW BUTTON. I then worked rapidly about 15 minutes and then clicked save; then I GOT kicked out of Auctiva and lost all the new work. Now I've spent over 3 hours and it's down the drain! It's almost 3pm Friday, I have shipping to do, and here I sit muddling through the same listing the third time. WHAT'S WITH AUCTIVA DUMPING ITS PEOPLE every ten minutes? We shouldn't be dumped when we save. I'm copying before I save from now on!!!! (note: this is not the first time... I've lost dozens of hours of work all tolled). I LOVE Auctiva, but it might be a hopeless love affair for me!!
You might want to clear you cache & cookies.
To prevent losing your listings from timeout you can do two things, first, and best, is when you're done working on the listing, click on one of the add image buttons, like you want to add another image. When the window opens for you to select an image, if you've timed out it will ask you to sign in (in the popup window). If it says that, sign back in. Then go back to your new listing, and click save. But if the popup window opens and allows you to select an image, then you haven't timed out.
Another way is to press the back button when you click save and it asks you to sign in. While that works a lot of times, I've had a few times when it didn't. The first way is more reliable.
That rookie status, that goes by the number of posts you have on this forum. Go to your "Personal Settings" page on the forum, and click the "Karma" link. It will tell you how many posts you need to achieve different titles.
I have been a buyer on EBay for years, but only joined the selling side a few weeks ago. I immediately found that listing directly with EBay was not the way to go. I found Auctiva and went that route because I like the way it looked and because of the free images. BUT I also found out rather quickly that Auctiva has it's draw back. Not the least of which is the TIMING OUT problem. After losing a lot work, even after saving as you did I went looking for alternatives. I downloaded TURBO LISTER. Although it's not the end all to everything, it at least allows me to actually create and edit the listing on MY COMPUTER and BEFORE I post to EBay. It automatically updates and post to Auctiva. It will show on the listing page of Auctiva as an imported listing and will not list on that page the hits, etc., but you do away with the timing out issue. I personally don't rely on Auctiva for data or tracking. Their listing management page has a serious lag time for updating bidding.
In any case, I'm looking at some other options, but for now Turbo Lister is simple and seems to work pretty well.
Hope this helps.
Lillian
Hi Max:
Yes it is. I design and layout everything with Turbo Lister. I use Auctiva to host my images and Auctiva Store Front because Auctiva allows you to use their templates, and also you can post many pics without paying EBay's per-image fees.
All you have to do is upload your images to Auctiva. Then go to manage images on Auctiva. Each image has a URL. Copy the URL address for the pic you want to use in Turbo Lister and then paste it where you want it in Turbo Lister.

In Turbo Lister in an open listing that your are creating or editing there are two tabs under PICTURES and DESCRIPTION. One says PICTURES and one says PICTURES URL. If you click on the PICTURE URL it will allow you to add up to 12 pictures. The first one is used as the Gallery picture by default IF you opt for a Gallery picture. The others can be used for the slide show in Auctiva. Make sure you paste them in the order that you want them to show as that's how Auctiva will post them.

On the right hand side of the design page in Turbo Lister under listing options you can choose Gallery pics. Make sure you click Gallery URL and paste the URL for the Gallery pic that you want to show in the Gallery.

I try to upload as many pics as possible at one time to Auctiva and go do other things while it's uploading because it's so slow. Also, make sure you check Auctiva after it says pics have uploaded because it tends to omit the last set your uploading. Also, I try to put them in category folders. If you don't have a lot of photos then it's no big deal, but they will grow and become really difficult to keep up with or find when you need them.
I hope this helps some.
Lillian

Add Reply

Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.