Skip to main content

Hi again
I've added this question on to a previous post but am concerned no-one will see it so have started a separate thread - hope this is ok?
I've managed to post a new auction and it is appearing in My Ebay as normal. However, when I look for the item on Ebay using the 'search' facility it doesn't exist. I've tried all of the words, some of the words, one word and it doesn't show up. I've done an advanced search using the item number (170001732151) and it shows up but this obviously doesn't help to sell it!
Please help!!
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

(moved from other thread)

unfortunately, that's a very common problem on ebay that many dont notice (because many dont bother to try to search for their listings)

sometimes items show up in a search within seconds, sometimes minutes, sometimes hours, sometimes days. sometimes it takes a long time for ebays servers to get the new index information (which is what it uses for searches) and sometimes items just mysteriously vanish for no reason from the site (or at least from not showing up in a search), only to reappear later.

Back on dime day, I had 2 or 3 items that for at least 3 days could never be found via search. They were there, for they showed up in myebay and showed up if i pulled them up by item #, but a search wouldnt reveal them and they couldnt be found in my ebay store.

If you have an ebay store, keep an eye on your total items that it shows as available on your store's front page. that number will often change from time to time (sometimes can sit there and refresh over and over and watch items disappear and reappear)

It's been going on for a very long time, and with recent changes to search (which are supposed to continue happening over the next couple of months) will most likely not get any better anytime soon (in my opinion)

but yet ebay claims that there's nothing wrong with the search Roll Eyes
quote:
Originally posted by marciay96:
Are you looking for where to add/edit your signature here on the boards?

If so, go to "Go" (tab at the top of the Boards) then to "My Space" - to "Profile". On left hand side, click on "View/Edit Complete Profile". Scroll down to the bottom to where the signature space is.
Hope that helps!

Marcia

Hi Marcia....yes, thats what I'm looking for. But I don't know what to submit in these spaces:

Signature:
HTML permitted only if you have specific permission (what HTML and whose permission do I need?)

Thanks so much for your help....I'm ALMOST there!!!

Jean

Right now, this is what appears in my messages....

Add Reply

Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.