Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

The theory "the more you list the better chance you have" would be nice. Bill,can you get the time frame it takes to create similar corrected before the 30th? It currently takes 24 second to open a create similar and 13 second to open the "Full Size Editor" - that's 37 second of wasted time per listing. I'd give anything to go back to the rapid listing that Auctiva used to have. Thanks in advance.
quote:
Originally posted by AL:
Does relisting an item count toward this Giveaway.

Good question. The item has to be 'listed' with Auctiva. Relisting (on eBay) an item that was previously listed with Auctiva does not count. This is not be *difficult, but it is because we will be selecting the winner out of the database of 'posted' listings during the time period of the giveaway.

*(we have no way to identify relisted items).

Bill
quote:
Originally posted by Bek:
Frown Why oh why does this competition only apply to US Residents, according to the Terms & Conditions? That's not much consolation to those of us in other countries that have had things go wrong in the move!! Any explaination there? Confused

This is not our choice. There are a surprising amount of laws related to contests and giveaways. This is one of them.

Bill
quote:
Originally posted by Auctiva Bill B.:
quote:
Originally posted by Bek:
Frown Why oh why does this competition only apply to US Residents, according to the Terms & Conditions? That's not much consolation to those of us in other countries that have had things go wrong in the move!! Any explaination there? Confused

This is not our choice. There are a surprising amount of laws related to contests and giveaways. This is one of them.

Bill

Well I am a member of a number of US organisations that offer cash prizes and other prizes to their International members. You would think if you were going to do it "In gratitude for your understanding during the move" as you mentioned in the announcement, that you would do it properly so as to give everyone a chance! It's not very sincere if you only offer it "in gratitude" to some members and not all! Frown
quote:
Originally posted by scholartime:
Wow! I'm sort of speechless that people are complaining. They're trying to do something good here! Me, me, me....

Yeah, but that's very easy to say when you're eligible!! For those of us who aren't eligible, there's no good in it at all! As a matter of fact, it's actually showing favouritism to some members over others!!
quote:
Well I am a member of a number of US organisations that offer cash prizes and other prizes to their International members. You would think if you were going to do it "In gratitude for your understanding during the move" as you mentioned in the announcement, that you would do it properly so as to give everyone a chance! It's not very sincere if you only offer it "in gratitude" to some members and not all!

I've never seen lady justice with a sincerity badge. It might just be California laws. After dealing with Ebay all this time, I know how different those CA laws can be.
Thanks fellas. This is my relisting night. When I'm done, I'll start listing. Just need to make sure I don't have to send a postcard in. Is that correct?
quote:
The exact amount of the award (up to $250) will be determined by the total cost of all eBay listing fees you incur during the 10 day period for all items listed through Auctiva.

Hi!

Sorry if this is a dumb question but I must be dense. If you don't list anything what/how do you win the contest? Did I miss something?

I have listed & sent in my postcard too. I hope that's ok.

Thanks!
After public service to many community organizations..I can tell you that there are so many rules and regulations that go along with these type prizes that it would make your head spin.

As one whose dealt with this issue many times and have had to consult legal counsel just in case something were to come up...I can ay in all honesty The legalities are pages long for Florida law and can't imagine how many pages California law must be, but I'm sure it's similar.

Thanks Auctiva!
Donna
quote:
Originally posted by Auctiva Cara:
Originally posted by leahyrlw:
quote:
Just need to make sure I don't have to send a postcard in. Is that correct?

That's right, leahyrlw. You only need to send us a postcard if you are not listing with Auctiva during the 10 days mentioned, but still would like to be entered in the giveaway.

Good luck to you all!
Cara

Suthrnjewl<------hijacking this thread

Hi Cara.
Nice to see/meet a new member of the Auctiva team.

I'll now return you back to the discussion at hand.

Take care, Donna
Last edited by auctivabillb
quote:
Originally posted by gail8180:
quote:
The exact amount of the award (up to $250) will be determined by the total cost of all eBay listing fees you incur during the 10 day period for all items listed through Auctiva.

Hi!

Sorry if this is a dumb question but I must be dense. If you don't list anything what/how do you win the contest? Did I miss something?

I have listed & sent in my postcard too. I hope that's ok.

Thanks!
I was wondering the same thing myself.
quote:

Sorry if this is a dumb question but I must be dense. If you don't list anything what/how do you win the contest?

Hi gail8180 -

If one of the winners is a post-card entry with no Auctiva listings for that 10-day period, we will pay him/her the average giveaway amount of the prizes for all winners.

Thanks for the question,

Cara
quote:
Originally posted by Auctiva Cara:
quote:

Sorry if this is a dumb question but I must be dense. If you don't list anything what/how do you win the contest?

Hi gail8180 -

If one of the winners is a post-card entry with no Auctiva listings for that 10-day period, we will pay him/her the average giveaway amount of the prizes for all winners.

Thanks for the question,

Cara
So basically, If i'm only planning on listing 10 items and most everyone else lists 50 then I'm better off not listing and sending in postcards cause I'll get a better deal.

I think this is a great contest, but I don't think it was very well thought out. I don't see how it is fair that someone who doesn't list has a chance to win more $$$ then someone who can only list a few items, but is still using the service. JMO Smile
AngelLisa,

You are assuming the average winner will have listed 50 items. What if the average is 3 items? If you list 10, you come out ahead. So let's not make hypothetical case studies based upon the predicted outcome of a random event.

The 'giveaway' is to encourage people to list and we will pay their fees if they are selected. The law requires us to include postcard entrants.

Bill
Last edited by auctivabillb
quote:
Originally posted by Auctiva Bill B.:
AngelLisa,

You are assuming the average winner will have listed 50 items. What if the average is 3 items? If you list 10, you come out ahead. So let's not make hypothetical case studies based upon the predicted outcome of a random event.

The 'giveaway' is to encourage people to list and we will pay their fees if they are selected. The law requires us to include postcard entrants.

Bill
Big Grin I know I was assuming, I do that alot. Didn't mean no harm by it. I'm listing so all is good. Frog
Here are the specks again...
May you all be winners even if you dont win..I always think, If I dont enter how can I win.

NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Entry may be obtained by sending a postcard with your name, address and telephone number to PROMOTIONS: 119 Broadway Street, Ste. 217, Chico, CA 95928. Must be postmarked by April 9, 2006 for eligibility. Limit one entry per person. Contest open to legal U.S. residents who are 18 years of age or older as of the date set forth in the contest advertisement. Entries must be received by date set forth in contest advertisement. Winners to be selected at random. This offer is not retroactive and the winner will be determined by Auctiva.

List auctions using Auctiva between March 30, 2006, 12:00AM PDT and April 9, 2006, 11:59PM PDT. Five (5) entries will be randomly selected. Winners will be awarded up to $250 in eBay listing fees for the term of the contest. The exact amount of the award (up to $250) will be determined by the total cost of all eBay listing fees you incur during the 10 day period for all items listed through Auctiva. Items posted outside of Auctiva are not eligible for eBay fee reimbursement. Both stores and auction listings are eligible. All eBay upgrades (featured item, subtitle, etc) are included in the total eBay fees and will be reimbursed for our 5 winners.

Add Reply

Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.