Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

I'm having the same problem and I should have known better Frown..My header and gallery pics are always different. So now they're reversed & I didn't want them that way. No one to blame but myself..I was aware that there were glitches, as there always are after a change at ebay but I had them scheduled so long ago I forgot about it.

I put in a support request last night but I still haven't heard back yet. I even tried revising 2 of them - one worked and one didn't. Go figure...
Hi this time I suspect it is Auctiva, I created and listed 18 listings with 8 views of the item in each.

Gallery and header were the same image however the 8 images were selected in file name sequence as on Auctiva 1 thru to 8.

When previewed on Auctiva before saving they appeared as 1 8 7 6 5 4 3 2 even trying a few this sequence occurred say for 4 it became 1 4 3 2.

Does the header and gallery when different appear correct on preview ?

When posted to ebay this twisted sequence appeared there too.

I am going to raise a support on this.
Egg on face time Red Face

Just got a reply from support regarding the sequence problem, so thought I had better post it for others :-

Dear *****,

Thanks for contacting us regarding this matter. I reviewed your account and found that this issue occurred because the custom template you are using only included [IMAGE 1] and [IMAGE 2] tags when, in order for all of the images specified in the listing to show up properly, you must use the [DESCRIPTION_AND_IMAGES] tag.

I went ahead and replaced the description and image tags in your custom template with the [DESCRIPTION_AND_IMAGES] tag and now, when I preview the listing, the images are in the correct order defined on the lister page.

I hope you find this response to be helpful. If there is anything further I can do to assist you, please don't hesitate to ask!

Sincerely,
Auctiva Support

And they do appear correctly now so on this one, Auctiva 1 - Choo nill , thanks Big Grin
Hi Folks,

Had a problem with the gallery image on a new listing last night and ebay support had me "refresh" the image this morning and after two attempts, it worked. I'm using Gallery Plus and was getting errors on the enlarge pop-up on the gallery image. Here's what they told me to do to refresh or reload....

Go to the ebaY Site Map. In the center column under SELL, click on "Change Your Item's Gallery Image". You'll immediately have to verify it's you with a Sign in to your Account screen. It will next take you to a "Change Your Item's Gallery Picture" screen, where you enter the ebaY item number, i.e. the auction number. That will take you to a screen to where you can change the picture. However, you can also simply change to current, i.e. reload/refresh it with change button using same URL to the Auctiva webserver image. It took a second try to get the problem picture to load. If you get alot of RED ERROR messages (don't freek!), try again. Apparently, Auctiva has a picture webserver that's not always responding. This only happened once on 4 Plus and 7 regular gallery last night, so it's rare. However, this retry does get the job done (eventually) for a problem pic. If that doesn't work, I'd try a support case with Auctiva and let them know which pic is having the problem.

Dan
Last edited by danno

Add Reply

Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.