Skip to main content

I keep getting the SAME error over and over when trying to upload images ( in IE or Firefox ). I've done hundreds of Auctions on Auctiva with various issues but can't figure out What is causing this error!!!

Server Error in '/' Application.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Runtime Error
Description: An application error occurred on the server. The current custom error settings for this application prevent the details of the application error from being viewed remotely (for security reasons). It could, however, be viewed by browsers running on the local server machine.

Details: To enable the details of this specific error message to be viewable on remote machines, please create a <customErrors> tag within a "web.config" configuration file located in the root directory of the current web application. This <customErrors> tag should then have its "mode" attribute set to "Off".

<!-- Web.Config Configuration File -->

<configuration>
<system.web>
<customErrors mode="Off"/>
</system.web>
</configuration>

Notes: The current error page you are seeing can be replaced by a custom error page by modifying the "defaultRedirect" attribute of the application's <customErrors> configuration tag to point to a custom error page URL.

<!-- Web.Config Configuration File -->

<configuration>
<system.web>
<customErrors mode="RemoteOnly" defaultRedirect="mycustompage.htm"/>
</system.web>
</configuration>
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Time for a little walk...before I throw my computer out the window :P

I've had similar issues in the recent past when I downloded the eBay toolbar. Removing that cleared it up ( it's still removed ).

I've cleared my cache and cookies NUMEROUS times today to no avail!!

Does anyone know if this may have to do with "BUSY" times on Auctiva with others uploading?? If that's the case, let me know the busy times and I'll avoid them.

Recent downloads ( in the last couple days ) have been FLASH, Java and Firefox. Any known issues with any of those??

BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!!!!! Just tried one more time and got the following message:

An error has occurred during the processing of your request. Please try again or file a support case if this problem continues.

www.auctiva.com

Forget the walk..I need a SCOTCH!!!
I have had it with Auctiva. I have tried to upload pictures and I keep getting the sign in or sign out screen all over where the uploaded pictures should go. I am so damn frustrated with Auctiva. What is wrong with them? I think they had better hire some new people that know what they are doing on this site. If it isn't one thing it's another. Spell check hasn't been working either. Please Auctiva, get off your butts and fix this site once and for all.
Good afternoon,

I was having the problem earlier.

Filed a help ticket and walked away for awhile.

I came back to the site working smoothly again and this email from Support.

Hope it helps someone.
Peace,
Donna

Hello Donna,

I apologize for the inconvenience.

I have just checked your account and found it working fine at my end.

I believe the reason you encountered this error message is because we were updating our site.

Please try after sometime and let me know if you are still face the problem.

Thank You,
Auctiva Support.
I'm having the same problems- my frustration level is off the charts-- it takes me forever to do listings on auctiva as it is because of all the problems- then I finally get one done and saved and stupid me to decides to edit it!!! now i lost the whole listing and will have to start all over when things are cleared up. lst week a listing I had scheduled to start at 8 PM during the 50% off listing sale never started before midnight but of course uploaded after midnight so I am stuck paying full fees. IS AUCTIVA REALLY WORTH IT????????????????????
I agree with MamaD re: a simple "hey we know there's an issue, should be cleared up by..." Then again I hope they're so busy fixing it that they don't have time to post here.

Having said that, and as frustrating as it is, I can't get too peeved considering I pay ZERO for the service and it has saved me lots of money in listing fees.

Although if I could be guaranteed like 99% up time or something like that, I'd be HAPPY to pay a reasonable amount monthly!!! As long as it's currently free I'll take what I get!!
Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.