Skip to main content

Reply to "Does anyone selling one of a kind collectibles keep their saved listings once active?"

I'm not sure I totally understand your question. But yes, I save them all. Here's what I do to keep track of my listings:

I have a notebook with a page for each of my items. On that page is a form that I've made up. I keep all the information on that form pertaining to the listing (fees, dates, etc). Through the years of selling on ebay, I've tweaked the form to be as streamlined as I can make it (we all want to save time!). These pages are kept in order in my notebook.

When the listing ends on ebay, I take it out of my notebook and keep it in a pile to relist or edit or dump. When the item sells, I put the page in a different notebook with all my sold items to make sure it has been delivered. Once I'm sure the item has a new home and won't come back, the page comes out of that sold notebook and gets filed with the year's sales. At that point, I usually go through and delete images. I haven't found it necessary to bother with deleting the saved listings. When I need to find something, I just do a search and up it pops. But if you wanted to delete the listing, this would be the time.

As I go along, I track all my financial information in an excel program I designed. It will automatically total everything up for me for the end of the year taxes, as well as my quarterly B&O taxes.

This may sound like a lot of work, but I've got it pretty streamlined, so it's really pretty efficient. The pages I keep on the items have proven invaluable to me many times. When we sell one of a kind items, it can be difficult to keep track of it all! The pages also help me keep track of where the item is in my ebay room!

Sorry this is long, hope it helps!
Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.