Skip to main content

Reply to "Measurements required for Priority Mail?"

Just want everyone to know, if you use the USPS click n ship website for priority shipping it is not calculating in the dimensional weight charge. Yesterday I was trying to print a shipping label for a package that was 18 x 12 x 9 which puts it over the cubic inch rule. It was shipping from 33549 to 40965. The click n ship site gave me a rate of $10.20, the USPS regular site gave me a rate of $17.95. After pulling my hair out for a while thinking I was missing something, I finally took the package directly to the post office. They measured & weighed it and came up with $17.95. They said the $10.20 figure would have been under the old 84" rule [girth plus length].

So if you are shipping something that is more than 12 x 12 x 12 or not in a USPS priority mail box, don't use the postage-paid label from click n ship at this time. I called the USPS 800 number and talked with a technician and they [USPS] know there is a problem. They had no idea when it will be fixed.

I asked what would happen if someone printed a paid label and shipped the package [thinking that click n ship figures/labels were correct]. They said I should get a notice that additional postage was needed and my credit card would be charged the additional postage. I emphasize 'should' because I'm worried my buyers will get hit on their end and then I'm really going to hear the yelling.

So be careful and check the shipping figures click n ship is giving you against the regular USPS site. You would think that the PO [since they know it's a problem] would post a notice on their site but that's not the case.
Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.