Skip to main content

Reply to "power seller join or not to? that is the ?"

quote:
Originally posted by Suthrnjewl:
quote:
Originally posted by Magie Noire:
$1,000 in sales per month isn't that big of a deal. Most people should be able to do this if they have the time. I don't see the PowerSeller symbol as being bad. I feel the opposite as some here. When buyers think you're little suzy homemaker as opposed to a business, they tend to treat you accordingly. Then again, it 'might' depend on what you 'sell'. Of course, this varies from buyer to buyer. So, who can say for sure. As far as jumping through eBay PowerSeller hoops, who said anyone has to? If you do the minimum you get it and if you don't, you don't. No biggie.

Personally, I really don't see why people wonder if they should 'accept it' or not but whatever. Don't take it then. It only matters to you anyway. Congrats on your sales. I mean, that's what great about it, right?

As the "Little Suzie Homemaker" I stand by what I said.

I have four IDs that I've sold under..All four have made Powerseller at one time or another. And sometimes I've had Powerseller on all of them at one time. <shrug>

Plain and simple...I have a much better time selling and my customers are so much hmmmm..just a nicer buncha folks when I don't display the icon. And if they think of me as "Suzie Homemaker" so be it. It's just one of the many titles in life I wear and proudly.

And yes, to some people..making one thousand a month is hard to do or that might not even be their goal. Their goal might've been ok..let's supplement our income by five hundred a month for the little extra's. When they do achive one thousand it's a majorly big deal to them as it wasn't their goal to begin with.

My goal when I started selling was just to clean out my home of the excess. When items sold..I was ecstatic and thrilled that there were persons out there that wanted my items. And I had money that was better than a garage sale would've brought in!

Anyone can accept Powerseller status, you just don't have to show the icon. Being a Powerseller has some nice perks, such as the phone number and faster customer service. I would never turn those perks down..but the icon? That's up to each individual and how they choose to run their business. And each seller has to determine whether it's a perk in their particular selling field, too.

Peace,
Suzie Homemaker
Donna
Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.