Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

quote:
Originally posted by oneheart:
what s your opinion - just made bronze on part time- what do you guys say? Does it make big difference if you put the sign or not

Powerseller? I've had it, lost it, had it, lost it, over and over again. I have four eBay IDs also. I'm retiring two of the IDs, too. I ALWAYS lose my powerseller status during the summer months. <shrug> No big deal, it comes back in the fall.

When I meet the standards of Power seller I always choose NOT to show the Powerseller icon.

I've had it added and not had it added..and have found that No, I don't like it when I show the icon. There were never more sales due to showing the icon or not.

In my case? It's hard to pinpoint the difference and why..but here's my main reason why. My customers are just all around nicer when they think they're dealing with a "sweet little stay at home mother." I actually have buyers when I show the Power Seller icon tell me when I hit them with NPB that I don't need the money as I'm a powerseller. <spit> Don't give me that bunk, I'll send Guido after you! <smile>

Congratulations Oneheart..you're doing well...Part-time and a Bronze status!

Peace,
Donna
I had a Powerseller status for about 4 years. As I look back, I'd say it was a total waste of time. It's just another "eBay Cheerleader" device to make you become more of an eBay slave. Gotta keep working hard or you'll loose your status. sell sell sell.

Back when I had it, they didn't have the computer watching you. You didn't get threatening emails that yours sales were down and "unless" you get them back up again you'll loose your Powerseller status. Those email started at the time they took it away, but prior to that you could ride through long slumps and still have it.

I'm glad they finally took it away. One less thing to worry about. Now I just sell at whatever capacity I can and don't worry about whether eBay is watching my sales volume or not. All it ever did was give me a quick response to email queries, and we ALL know how useless email replies from eBay are. If I was ever invited in again, I'd decline.

I used to display the logo. I can't say if it ever increased sales or not. Take it as a personal accomplishment that you're doing good, but don't fall into the "eBay Slave" trap.
Hi,

I had the power seller logo once, then received a rather " blunt email" from ebay saying they were taking it away (low sales for 1 month)

I noticed after the logo had gone my sales did better ? Then ebay offered to give it me back (sales went up) I felt like telling them to stick it where the sun don't shine !! Smile

They can keep it, I no longer use the icon. As a buyer when I see a power seller logo I tend to skip by them and look elsewhere, maybe that was what was happening to me to with other buyers when I had the logo. So, NO I would not show it.
$1,000 in sales per month isn't that big of a deal. Most people should be able to do this if they have the time. I don't see the PowerSeller symbol as being bad. I feel the opposite as some here. When buyers think you're little suzy homemaker as opposed to a business, they tend to treat you accordingly. Then again, it 'might' depend on what you 'sell'. Of course, this varies from buyer to buyer. So, who can say for sure. As far as jumping through eBay PowerSeller hoops, who said anyone has to? If you do the minimum you get it and if you don't, you don't. No biggie.

Personally, I really don't see why people wonder if they should 'accept it' or not but whatever. Don't take it then. It only matters to you anyway. Congrats on your sales. I mean, that's what great about it, right?
quote:
Originally posted by Suthrnjewl:
quote:
Originally posted by Magie Noire:
$1,000 in sales per month isn't that big of a deal. Most people should be able to do this if they have the time. I don't see the PowerSeller symbol as being bad. I feel the opposite as some here. When buyers think you're little suzy homemaker as opposed to a business, they tend to treat you accordingly. Then again, it 'might' depend on what you 'sell'. Of course, this varies from buyer to buyer. So, who can say for sure. As far as jumping through eBay PowerSeller hoops, who said anyone has to? If you do the minimum you get it and if you don't, you don't. No biggie.

Personally, I really don't see why people wonder if they should 'accept it' or not but whatever. Don't take it then. It only matters to you anyway. Congrats on your sales. I mean, that's what great about it, right?

As the "Little Suzie Homemaker" I stand by what I said.

I have four IDs that I've sold under..All four have made Powerseller at one time or another. And sometimes I've had Powerseller on all of them at one time. <shrug>

Plain and simple...I have a much better time selling and my customers are so much hmmmm..just a nicer buncha folks when I don't display the icon. And if they think of me as "Suzie Homemaker" so be it. It's just one of the many titles in life I wear and proudly.

And yes, to some people..making one thousand a month is hard to do or that might not even be their goal. Their goal might've been ok..let's supplement our income by five hundred a month for the little extra's. When they do achive one thousand it's a majorly big deal to them as it wasn't their goal to begin with.

My goal when I started selling was just to clean out my home of the excess. When items sold..I was ecstatic and thrilled that there were persons out there that wanted my items. And I had money that was better than a garage sale would've brought in!

Anyone can accept Powerseller status, you just don't have to show the icon. Being a Powerseller has some nice perks, such as the phone number and faster customer service. I would never turn those perks down..but the icon? That's up to each individual and how they choose to run their business. And each seller has to determine whether it's a perk in their particular selling field, too.

Peace,
Suzie Homemaker
Donna
Jewel, I'm a 'Little Suzy Homemaker' as well. Perhaps, the difference in our merchandise plays a part. Who knows. It's not that important. I still believe for 'most' sellers having the PS symbol displayed is better than not having it displayed.

My point on the $1,000 per month isn't whether it's your goal or anyone's goal. IF someone sets their mind to it, and IF they want to sell the minimum of $1,000 per month IMHO it isn't that difficult to do. Then again, it would depend on what they sold, I guess. So, for 'most' sellers who 'want' to sell the minimum and have an appropriate product source to do so, it isn't that difficult to do. That's just my opinion on it.
quote:
Originally posted by attire4less:
Hi! We just celebrated 11 yrs of marriage new yrs eve! Frog I am afraid he is stuck with me until death us do part.

I am pretty much just here. I will continue to ride it out for awhile. I like the site, when it works. I even have hubby's listings on an id here.

Thanks for asking! Have a great weekend!

Congrats Michelle & hubster!

We just celebrated our 27th anniversary in December, too. As much as newlyweds believe it's all roses and champagne, marriage is hard work!

How are those beautiful children doing? And baseball season? How did it play out?

Are you using the desktop or the freebie web based version of Auctiva?

If you'd rather answer in private, that's fine.
Suthrnjewl@Suthrnjewl.com

I don't peruse the Auctiva boards that much and depend upon email notifications from Auctiva for postings to this board. I'm outta this house most mornings early and back off and on throughout the afternoon and then back after family time in the evening..sometimes getting me by email is the easiest.

Blessings, Donna
quote:
Originally posted by Magie Noire:
Jewel, I'm a 'Little Suzy Homemaker' as well. Perhaps, the difference in our merchandise plays a part. Who knows. It's not that important. I still believe for 'most' sellers having the PS symbol displayed is better than not having it displayed.

My point on the $1,000 per month isn't whether it's your goal or anyone's goal. IF someone sets their mind to it, and IF they want to sell the minimum of $1,000 per month IMHO it isn't that difficult to do. Then again, it would depend on what they sold, I guess. So, for 'most' sellers who 'want' to sell the minimum and have an appropriate product source to do so, it isn't that difficult to do. That's just my opinion on it.

Oh Magie!

I didn't see your posting and just saw the email notification that you responded. (Ok, Ok, yeah, I've been busy! <smile>Wink

Magie..you're going by this ID alone, right? Not my other ones, cause nobody knows those. <smile>

Plus, for now I'm retiring two of them..just too much to keep up with right now both in life and online sales. I'm simplifying. (plus working on getting an oscommerce store opened, too) One ID was for sports oriented items (male ID) and the other was my mish mash of items.

The other ID that I'm keeping isn't different from your well done eBay ID...and similar to yours such as name brand, blah blah, designer, etc. Just not as well done as yours! <wink> You know what your doing, everything looks great, your niche is well-established and cross-promoted...good job! But I do manage to scrape by. <wink>

I do hate to discuss my profit $$$ of my multiple IDs. One of the ways of keeping that discussion at bay is by not having Power Seller shown. I manage to buy a steak or two along with a bottle of wine from my profits from eBay..we'll leave it at that..ok? Wink

Yep..the ability is out there is people want to work for it and if the timing is right but most importantly the item is right.

That's why I'm retiring my sports oriented ID for now and my mish mash of eclectic type items. Those are more hit and miss...I don't want to babysit those IDs and it's just time to make those decisions. That's why I'm saying certain niches do quite well on eBay and the possibility to make money is there..but then other niches aren't such great money makers, cause I've been there and done that.

How bout we say this together....
Hail to The Suzie Homemakers!!!!

Aren't we glad there's no drama over here?
<nudge>

Peace Magie,
Donna
Last edited by suthrnjewl
It's nice to see some familiar faces!

I am exploring my options...

Hitting $1000/month when selling part-time can be difficult if you sell lower-price items. I don't think any of us should discuss our profit margins here, but my understanding is that the margins aren't always so great on some higher-priced items. And they have so much more risk if something goes missing, etc. But selling relatively inexpensive items does make PS more difficult. That and sometimes the fish just aren't biting! And I'm not about to waste lots of money on listing fees when the buyers aren't there. It's about profit vs. time invested for me.

Oneheart...my advice is to accept if you haven't already. Then hide that icon if you need time to think about it, or don't want to show it. When I was a PS, I hide the icon because I didn't expect to keep it long. If your sales are consistent, great! If I see a seller selling a lot of expensive items, sometimes I sort of wonder why I don't see that icon. But for less expsnsive items, where I might or might not be one, I'd rather not having regulars wondering what happened to make me lose it when I do lose it.

P.S. Some of you know me as serendipity!
quote:
Originally posted by starrynight:
If I see a seller selling a lot of expensive items, sometimes I sort of wonder why I don't see that icon. But for less expsnsive items, where I might or might not be one, I'd rather not having regulars wondering what happened to make me lose it when I do lose it.

P.S. Some of you know me as serendipity!

DIPPITY!

I remember you used to have the name starry nights with SD along with your serendipity handle...what was that...about a year ago or more?

Nice to see you!

I agree totally with your last statement. I can't imagine NOT accepting..but that doesn't mean you have to show the icon. I'd rather not have my regular buyers know my "bidness.

Peace,
Donna

Add Reply

Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.