Skip to main content

Reply to "SpareDollar Migrators Suthrnjewl HERE!"

Jeff,

I just want to let you know that I am currently sending invoices via Ebay after auction is closed. The reason I use ebay invoicing is that it is flexible. For example, I can change the shipping amount and insurance amount when I send invoice via ebay. This flexibility issue is important because when I do listing, Auctiva automatically forces me to enter an insurance amount purely based on the estimated closing price. Sometimes insurance amount I put in were too low and some times were too high. But Auctiva sends out an invoice right away after auction closes. One time it charged insurance amount to my account with shipping included in the total without even waiting for the customers to pay.

What I do now is that I would put in an estimated insurance amount when I list the item as the lister requires. After auction closes, I send out a correct invoice based on the finally auction price. After the customer pays, I go to Autiva Sales Transation page to purchase insurance, like the one I did today. Some times even this method won't be able for me to purchase insurance through Auctiva. For example, one auction closed at $51.00 and my customer only wanted to purchase a $50 insurance as you can understand why. Because it would cost him another $1.00 just to purchase an extra $1.00 of insurance coverage. Auctiva would only allow me to purchase an insurance coverage from $51 - $100. So I had to buy it from the post office.

Jeff, I am not complaining. I am not that type. I did not even bother to file for a service claim that time even though Auctiva billed me an insurance fee with shipping total included. I just want to let you know that flexibility is a key when you look to fix the check out / insurance purchase process. Hopefully you can continue to make Auctiva go the way you wanted it to go.

Best regards,
Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.