Skip to main content

quote:
Originally posted by Capt. Binghamton:
quote:
Originally posted by Suthrnjewl:
the only other persons that wanted to add me as a contact were males looking for "other" interests besides online selling. (if you catch my drift)
Well, if they saw the same photos that I did when I clicked on your link, I can see where they probably thought they'd come to the right place. Wink

CB
"Make war, then love."

<smile>
You mean these pictures you silly man!

First My Full Body Shot
http://img.auctiva.com/imgdata/0/0/6/4/6/6/webimg/4415920_o.jpg

Then my face and hair pic:
http://img.auctiva.com/imgdata/0/0/6/4/6/6/webimg/4415922_o.jpg

Then a close up so they could see the color of my eyes:
http://img.auctiva.com/imgdata/0/0/6/4/6/6/webimg/4415923_o.jpg

And of course, I don't know what I was thinking uploading a pic of me from the back:
http://img.auctiva.com/imgdata/0/0/6/4/6/6/webimg/4415921_o.jpg

Such a hussie..with those inviting pics of myself! <smile>

Tee Hee,
Donna
quote:
Originally posted by jivemofo:
EX-sparedollar member here. I just joined Auctiva in the last few days and cannot be believe how great it is!! It seems that this place has all the service and professionalism we were crying out for over at SD!!

I only wish it'd found out about it before Paying SD for 6 months in advance Frown

Hey There!

Oh no! Not six months in advance!

Welcome!

I'm glad you found us.

Auctiva keeps up with the curves that eBay changes to their site that we were told wasn't able to be done.

Customer Service here is great. Service tickets are answered promptly. Answers aren't dependent upon customers of the service..but by their many technicians. I know they've added so very many servers that it's speedy.

Suggestions are acknowledged respectfully and if it's doable then they will work it into the system. If it's not, Auctiva will tell you the why's it can't be implemented. There's a new version coming out this spring, when they say a new version is coming...it will be delivered.

They know how to write code here and that makes me secure that they can keep up with eBay's changes..daily.

There's a phone number listed to call the service, not rackspace..but the service. There are techs hanging around most of the time, in case a ticket is filled out and needs to be answered. (which is my preferred means of getting an answer)

There's more I could say..but I'll let you figure it out on your own.

I tried to tell others (and others tried to make mention also) that a smart business move is to be where a service works for you, not the other way around, but my threads got pulled.

I named this thread the way it's named in the hopes that a Google search would bring in stragglers.

Good Luck!
Much Moolah is wished your way!
Happy Green New Year!
I'm now a Rookie rather than a Newbie! woohoo!! Frog

I was looking a the templates tonight and getting headaches. The auctions I imported pulled in my current template, which I can keep using, cuz it's mine and not property of a listing service, but I've been thinking about changing it. I kinda like how it is set up elsewhere that I can change the template and it's instantly changed in everything from them on. I'm sure I can do that here, just have to figure it out...

There are some very pretty templates to choose from. But so many of my favorites have just one big box, rather than the description and shipping/payment zones I have grown fond of.

I will fiddle more another day. At least I don't have a ticking clock to figure out if this will work for me, like a free trial of an expensive service that I'd better use and like by day 14 Red Face

Awww, no devil smiley. I'll miss that one here.
quote:
Originally posted by starrynight:
I'm now a Rookie rather than a Newbie! woohoo!! Frog
I kinda like how it is set up elsewhere that I can change the template and it's instantly changed in everything from them on. I'm sure I can do that here, just have to figure it out...

There are some very pretty templates to choose from. But so many of my favorites have just one big box, rather than the description and shipping/payment zones I have grown fond of.

I will fiddle more another day. At least I don't have a ticking clock to figure out if this will work for me, like a free trial of an expensive service that I'd better use and like by day 14 Red Face

Awww, no devil smiley. I'll miss that one here.

Hey There!

As far as YOUR personal template you'd like to convert...here's the stickie

https://community.auctiva.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/6881044121/m/1251067521

I know Danielle/WAHM, Carolelliott, CaptainBinghamton and so many more are good at doing what you need as far as using the tags needed.

Here's the link to the Templates Forum
https://community.auctiva.com/eve/forums/a/frm/f/6881044121

Note that they have contests here where there's money involved for desiging templates. Pretty Kewl, huh? Not only does this service acknowledge those who make templates but they also want them to be acknowledged via $$$$.

Also the customer service/tech is on the ball. If you drop them a customer help ticket it will get acknowledged and/or there's a phone number to call.

Take your time, look around and enjoy the service, you're on no time schedule.

Peace, Donna
I don't get this having to move season. You don't need to move. Just finish what ever you've got there and at the same time do your new listings and photos on Auctiva. Hey, it does not cost a thing to start working on Auctiva. When you are done with old photos and listing on SD, then you shut it down. So I don't think moving is an issue, because no moving is needed. I do think people having become comfortable with something and don't want to go through the trouble to learn a new thing is. In another word - lazy. Or they just LOVE SD to give it $9.00 a month for whatever reason.
quote:
You do have to MOVE when you list the same ads over and over. If I sold different items every time, then, yeah, moving would be super-easy!

Alright, I'm one of those that list the same ads over and over on this ID.

I had 800+ ads saved at the "other selling venue."

When Auctiva imported 400+ auctions that were running on eBay that solved the majority of my work.

But with 400+ auctions still to be moved... plain ole hard work, perseverance and diligence got the rest of my ads over here.

Sure it's hard work. But dilly-dallying isn't going to get everything gone if that's what a person truly wants to do.

I'm not begrudging anyone of their choice, I just don't happen to follow the reasoning.

I can speak from experience..
I did it with ALOT of auctions.

My motivation?

As if getting away from a service that couldn't keep up with updates to eBay's system wasn't enough? There are many more reasons.

For all the griping that was ever done bout it from others..that's eBay's perogative..to make changes to their site. It's the auction management site to keep up with eBay. Not vice versa.

I also knew before I left that the API for Sparedollar isn't updated for the upcoming months with eBay. Not good. Just do a search and find that any service that doesn't have the correct API updated, is going to be dead in the water. And Sparedollar isn't known for keeping up to date...you have to agree with that statement. Heck, it's members are still calling Rackspace to get the service to work some mornings.

The beta is still the same beta that came out last spring to beta testers and issued for use to all in the late fall of this year. Those same testers say almost nine months later that it's still the same beta they were testing last year with the same burps. Uh...yeah...and this is supposed to be a good sign that the increase in the monthly charge that was issued is actually going for the upgrades?

I had planned on leaving long before the announcement to raise prices came...I was 3/4 of the way done. It was just the inaneness of those spouting that we didn't have good business sense leaving Sparedollar.

There's plenty more..but no need in beating a dead horse.

Just let me assure you..the moving can be done, cuz I did it and it wasn't just 10 or 50 auctions but hundreds.

Peace,
Donna
quote:
Originally posted by dwangel:
In another word - lazy. Or they just LOVE SD to give it $9.00 a month for whatever reason.

ALOT will pay nine dollars a month to chat on the toxic message boards, it's not the laziness factor in their case, it's an addiction to whatever the heck drama someone is having or causing.

When goodness gracious, if someone were smart they'd open a free message board..it's not that hard. Send everyone an invite and be done with paying the nine dollars a month.

Tomas is smart not to delete alot of those posts as it's like a car wreck and others will break neck to spend time watching the finger pointing and just general embarrassment that the AHL drops to at times.

I ascertained long ago that there were those addicted to the boards and no matter whether Tomas updated his software or not or kept raising prices they would gladly pay to just to be able to visit the soap opera so-called The AHL.

<shrug>
For me?
I don't have IM'ers and belong to very few message boards...such for two reasons. One is those that need to get me a message can email me or phone me. The other? IM'ers, Message Boards and such are a drag on my business time on the computer when I could be making moolah, that's just the way I am. I only visit message boards which have to do with my online business AND motivational to me or for health reasons besides that. This box called a monitor in front of me is for making money.

Plus, there are members with Sparedollar like Bobby1313131313131313 who has enough monthly referrals that he could probably hang out for months with SD and Bobby? He's works hard at his online business and he takes great care with his business and every aspect of it. I on the other hand stopped with the referral links for free months in spring of last year and took any and all links off my ME page at the same time, too.

Just my two cents,
Donna
Last edited by suthrnjewl
Good points, Donna.

I guess I should just admit that I'm lazy Eek

And that was a big part of it. That and I was cramming ebay in along with working 6 days a week elsewhere, and I just didn't have the time/motivation to change things. Now I am doing the exploration of other options that I had intended to do long ago. Some of the ones that had looked good initially didn't seem like they were that much better to justify the additional price.

I'm loving the way auctiva handled some new auctions I created Smile

I was scared of this site because of a bad experience with it years ago. It seems to be a whole new site. I am still fearful that it will start costing money after I've got all my stuff here... (Any official comments anywhere on whether it will always be free, or what?)
quote:
Good points, Donna.

I guess I should just admit that I'm lazy Eek

And that was a big part of it. That and I was cramming ebay in along with working 6 days a week elsewhere, and I just didn't have the time/motivation to change things. Now I am doing the exploration of other options that I had intended to do long ago. Some of the ones that had looked good initially didn't seem like they were that much better to justify the additional price.

I'm loving the way auctiva handled some new auctions I created Smile

I was scared of this site because of a bad experience with it years ago. It seems to be a whole new site. I am still fearful that it will start costing money after I've got all my stuff here... (Any official comments anywhere on whether it will always be free, or what?)

Here's an official comment from Jeff (the CEO) on this thread.

https://community.auctiva.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/107...921069441#4921069441

There's also a quasi-explanation why this site is free and where the revenues come from. Which alot don't know, they just assume that it's free but they have revenues.

There are also other auction management services that are great...we have an open discussion about them with Auction Sellers Motivators message board if you wanna join us..just let me know and I'll link you to the site. VERY motivational..not chatty, catty or any meanness..just plain ole get up off'n your butt and sell, sell, sell mind-set.

Hope this helps!
I'm an email away if you need me..
Donna

Suthrnjewl@Suthrnjewl.com
quote:
always be free
I want to be clear that I've never said always, forever, or any other word that means endlessly free. It's a business and so I would like to make a profit eventually. Right now it's not doing as well as it could because everyone turns off checkout because eBays API doesnt support the same features as they do on their site for checkout, primarily combined invoices. This crippled version of checkout they provide for API users is probably worse than not even using it at all. I'm certain we'll have greater success after we release our new features that include our own checkout and combined shipping. I completely understand people turing off our checkout at this point and would probably do the same myself if I made my living selling on eBay. I can't expect anyone to use our insurance and checkout in its current state but I am hoping people will use it and the insurance once we offer combined shipping.

eBay is considering going back on it's word again concerning another feature which we'd planned on releasing shortly that would have offered us a great revenue stream. We're still waiting on their final decision on that as they bicker internally over it. And of course we still plan on rolling out product warranty in supported categories in the future. Most likely that will happen when we release our combined shipping version of checkout.

I believe I can make a profit and still offer the product for free, but that remains to be seen as there are still many things left to be done. My degree was in Computer Science, not busienss. Smile eBays wrenchs are slightly messing up our plans because they cant make up their minds about a product which I've spent a considerable amount of money and time to build, which they said was ok to build, and now which they are reconsidering is ok or not. I should have known better because when they are planning to screw you they wont ever put it in writing, lol.

Enjoy the freeness, there are no plans to change that right now. I've given away Mr. Poster our bulk listing desktop software for free for almost 3 years, and our Showcase gallery feature has been free since we invented and launched that feature in September 2000. So over 5 years now. At this point I'm focused on our phase 2 release, and adding more revenue streams. That's probably a good year worth of work right now.
quote:
Originally posted by Auctiva Jeff:
quote:
always be free
I want to be clear that I've never said always, forever, or any other word that means endlessly free. It's a business and so I would like to make a profit eventually.

And I still stand by what I said months ago Jeff..I'd pay for the service. The service has gone just that smooth for me. Even if it's for the pizza and beer slush fund. <smile>
quote:

Right now it's not doing as well as it could because everyone turns off checkout because eBays API doesnt support the same features as they do on their site for checkout, primarily combined invoices. This crippled version of checkout they provide for API users is probably worse than not even using it at all. I'm certain we'll have greater success after we release our new features that include our own checkout and combined shipping. I completely understand people turning off our checkout at this point and would probably do the same myself if I made my living selling on eBay. I can't expect anyone to use our insurance and checkout in its current state but I am hoping people will use it and the insurance once we offer combined shipping.

Thanks for the clarification on the reasoning on the current state of check out and the other updates that you're working on. What gives me confidence as a previous SD member is that you do make statements to your users as to where Auctiva stands and the decisions that you must make in order for the service to work smooth for we the consumers.
quote:

eBay is considering going back on it's word again concerning another feature which we'd planned on releasing shortly that would have offered us a great revenue stream.I should have known better because when they are planning to screw you they wont ever put it in writing, lol.

DUH! <smile>
quote:

At this point I'm focused on our phase 2 release, and adding more revenue streams. That's probably a good year worth of work right now.

I've got several that are waiting in the wings to see the workings of Phase II and then will make their final decision to move everything out and away from their current auction management service. (not all inclusive to SD but several others)

Is it possible to have a thread with some of the implemented updates that Auctiva Phase II will have? That might help others to decide whether to hang on or might make the deciding factor easier to leave another service completely once it's rolled out.

Thanks for the heads up Jeff!
Donna
Thanks for the clarification!

I personally don't expect it to always be free...but I hope any fees charged will be reasonable ones.

I am still working my way around the site, seeing what all is on here. I am not seeing anything on an image storage limit, which surprised me. I don't think it would be out of line at some point to charge a small fee for image storage over a certain amount, auction launches over a certain amount, etc.

I've always said I'd rather pay a little more for something that works better and saves me time. But if I can get something that works great for free, I'm sure not complaining! Wink
quote:
Question: How do I make a link or image/link in my signature? Did I goof up on my code, does the forum use different code, or am I just too new to be allowed?

I'm not sure how to do the image/link...but then again..I'm not "all that savvy" when it comes to HTML. <smile>

For using template help, KWK is here, Carolelliott, WAHM92 and CaptainBinghamton and others can help with the tags. Or Magie Noire placed a working guide in the Templates Thread. (it's greek to me <smile>Wink

Good luck,
Donna

http://stores.ebay.com/Starry-Night-Designs?refid=store
Jeff,

I just want to let you know that I am currently sending invoices via Ebay after auction is closed. The reason I use ebay invoicing is that it is flexible. For example, I can change the shipping amount and insurance amount when I send invoice via ebay. This flexibility issue is important because when I do listing, Auctiva automatically forces me to enter an insurance amount purely based on the estimated closing price. Sometimes insurance amount I put in were too low and some times were too high. But Auctiva sends out an invoice right away after auction closes. One time it charged insurance amount to my account with shipping included in the total without even waiting for the customers to pay.

What I do now is that I would put in an estimated insurance amount when I list the item as the lister requires. After auction closes, I send out a correct invoice based on the finally auction price. After the customer pays, I go to Autiva Sales Transation page to purchase insurance, like the one I did today. Some times even this method won't be able for me to purchase insurance through Auctiva. For example, one auction closed at $51.00 and my customer only wanted to purchase a $50 insurance as you can understand why. Because it would cost him another $1.00 just to purchase an extra $1.00 of insurance coverage. Auctiva would only allow me to purchase an insurance coverage from $51 - $100. So I had to buy it from the post office.

Jeff, I am not complaining. I am not that type. I did not even bother to file for a service claim that time even though Auctiva billed me an insurance fee with shipping total included. I just want to let you know that flexibility is a key when you look to fix the check out / insurance purchase process. Hopefully you can continue to make Auctiva go the way you wanted it to go.

Best regards,
quote:
Question: How do I make a link or image/link in my signature? Did I goof up on my code, does the forum use different code, or am I just too new to be allowed?

Hey StarryNight,

When you reply to a thread or start a new one, the text editor that appears has a "url" button at the top. This is what you use when you want to put a link into your comment.
Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.