Skip to main content

If you need help..just let me know.
Or you can ask for assistance, get a prompt personal reply, not a canned response.

If you need me, find me.

Blessings, Donna
eCommerce Sellers Motivators "We ask ourselves, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? But actually, who are you NOT to be?" Marianne Williamson
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

quote:
Originally posted by namesaketreasures:
Hey all,

I decided to jump ship as well. Figured no sense in paying just to chat so here I am. Gonna set everything up here so in case I decide to ocassionally do some listing, I'll be ready. Smile

Take care,
Tammy

Tammy,

Good to see you here, too!
It's a nice place...and you'll find answers to your questions if you need them are answered.

I've gotta run, cause if I don't...I will be running behind.

Take care, Donna
quote:
Originally posted by dmhcollectibles:
It'll be my first hurricane since moving to FL - I'm just a bit north of you, about an hour and a half or so I think.

Any advice on how to prepare, for this storm-newbie?

Thanks and again, it's good to see you and others from SD here Smile

Hey!
Batten down the hatches! <smile>
I think Hurricane W is heading towards the keys now...but who knows with these things.

Be prepared with flashlights, candles, bottled water, canned foods, sand bags and more. I have a stash in the garage just for hurricane supplies..that nobody is allowed to touch..ever!

It's a learning experience for a new person when we speak of hurricane preparedness. If you are EVER told to evacuate..do it!

Florida is a VERY prepared state and we did well last year during the four hurricanes. Much devastation but they followed every last detail down to the minutest detail. When everything is followed through in the correct order then it gives a sense of order.

Do not be frightened. We'll know more by Thursday..sometimes they lose their way and drift off to parts unknown.

Blessings,
Donna

PS I loved your post in regards to whining..<wink>
When you think about it, the best support was from fellow SD'ers helping each other out, especially with the newbies. Saved owner a lot of time. That was worth the $4.95 alone. Even the best templates were supplied by fellow SD'ers, not SD itself.

Unfortunately, and recently, new referrals didn't stick around because of the bugs and lack of CS. So we couldn't even enjoy credits.

In other words, here we were suppying our own CS, recruiting and training newbies, bringing new revenue to SD, and then being told to pay double with a defective service and no CS.

Then we are told, basically, if you don't like it leave, we won't miss you because it'll give us more rack space for the rest of the customers. We were also told we wouldn't be missed because of the influx of newbies. !!!!
Well, thanks for the memories.

This was from a 19 yr old kid whom we "grew" from nothing, gave our support for over 2 years, brought in the business, gave free advertising, encouraged every day of the week, and now are being told to go pound salt.
Miss Daisy is here too! I have been here a couple of days and really like it so far. Had a small issue involving my posting ID and within 15 minutes had a reply and a solution. That means a lot! I am not listing very much right now but need the scheduling and that has worked out fine. I really like the pictures...well, I guess you can tell that so far I like it! Glad to see so many familiar names. Wink
quote:
Originally posted by debbiemomto4:
Hi I'm over from SD too Just dropped in to say Hi! Back to work now need to figure out this custom template problem I'm having.

Hi, I don't know what type of problem you are experiencing. I posted a custom template tutorial in the custom template area. It is at the top of the page. I hope it helps. Smile
How nice of you to post the tutorial. I didn't even know it was there or I'd have been placed it here for the other deserters...errrr..migrators. <wink>

I'm going to look up your posts and see what kind of knowledge I can glean from you.

You took your time when I first showed up to welcome me. That was nice of you.

You're right, CS here is prompt. Imagine we actually get our emails answered.

Thanks Magie...such a pretty name.
Donna
I'm pretty sure I have the hang of it now - converting SD templates to be used here so hollar if ya need help. I've got myself and a friend set up too.

Just post you current template to the practice board and I'll see what I can do.

This offer is open to all my fellow SDer's

BTW in case you didn't know its me, Danielle AKA eCloset, D or FullMoon on SD Wink
quote:
Originally posted by Suthrnjewl:
How nice of you to post the tutorial. I didn't even know it was there or I'd have been placed it here for the other deserters...errrr..migrators. <wink>

I'm going to look up your posts and see what kind of knowledge I can glean from you.

You took your time when I first showed up to welcome me. That was nice of you.

You're right, CS here is prompt. Imagine we actually get our emails answered.

Thanks Magie...such a pretty name.
Donna

You're welcome and thank you, Smile.
Everyone who was online this morning found SD to be poof, gone.

If you can visit the SD boards there is a quasi-explation of sorts.

He had let his hosting expire, he only pays year to year and some sort of issue with his card.

The site came back up around 11:30 my time (EST) and was down from 6:30am (my time)

It's back up and I'm finishing getting everything out.

I may just end up endling 30 day store fixed price listings and reupload at MY cost with the new URLs.

http://community.sparedollar.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=66480

http://community.sparedollar.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=66467

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!
Frustrated in FL,
Donna
Hi Guys! I am here too! I signed up last week, but this is the first I have actually "looked" around.

I was writing up auctions over at SD, but when all the pics just disappeared AGAIN for the 2ND TIME today, I decided I might have to move a little sooner than expected. I was originally going to wait until after the holidays, but the Auctiva gallary pics were the only ones showing on my auctions this morning & again this evening. What a pain in the @ss!

Glad to see some familar faces here - I have a feeling that after today we will be seeing a LOT more.
quote:
Originally posted by bargain*huntress:
See I need to send blondy_1975 here. You guys have to help me convince her to switch over. LOL

She keeps hearing negative about Auctiva from somewhere, just not sure where she is picking it up from.

It could be from those who have been riding through the labor pains during the birth of Auctiva. Hopefully, those who have been selling longer enough can recognize a diamond in the rough. Even though, Auctiva has had its share of growing pains, what sets them apart 'now' is they're quick to correct them.

Customer service is a huge deal for most sellers. Heck, for anyone involved with business. I believe, Auctiva has embraced this and is making an honest effort to improve.

IMHO - Auctiva is working hard to get it right.

The birth of 'Auctiva' is a process. Considering they're up and running 'during' this process with 'success' speaks volumes.

I'd suggest that she try one or two small auctions.

Afterall, it's a free service. What does she have to loose?

Smile
Hi - I'm coming over from SD also. Smile
I just can't justify $9/month for just the small amount of image hosting and gallery that I utilize. I don't use any of the other features - Listing, templates, etc. If I did, maybe the price increase wouldn't have seemed so bad. I didn't post much over there, either, and I can't believe they make you pay just to be able to see the message board!! Oh well, to each their own, I guess.
quote:
Originally posted by Magie Noire:

It could be from those who have been riding through the labor pains during the birth of Auctiva.

I think you're right. That would be my guess. And another guess: If you look at any auction service's community boards, you might guess that *none* of them are any good. It's the old "doctor's paradox" (that I just now made up). A doc once told me, "You know, we never get to see very many of our successes..." In other words, people only show up when they're sick. Likewise, *to a great extent* most posts on an auction service's community boards will be problem oriented, to say the least. Most everybody that's happy and content is out buying stuff and posting auctions.

So it's easy to get a distorted view of how bad things really are. And it also appears that lots of people sub-conciously (I think) adopt other peoples complaints as their own - even though they never experienced them. This is bad because most people would never believe how many failures originate in their own PC, not the service's

Then there's fact that the support people have to to deal mostly with people with no "Y" chromosomes. JUST JOKING!! I wanted to see if I'd put you to sleep, yet.

I don't know Auctiva's numbers but you can bet that they have thousands of listings on-line at any give moment, but usually only few customers with un-resolved problems. Hopefully no one with unadressed problems

And a-now, I'ma gonna get un-adressed-a, and take a shower-a.

Ciao.
I just want to say that I don't think anyone whould bare ill-feeling towards SD. It was a business decision that SD needed to make for the better of SD. Obviously it will not fit everyone, but I am 100% sure there will be people still using SD. There are people who are currently using services far more expensive than SD. One day, maybe Auctiva will add a fee, it's all normal. One just to make a better judgement for himself. To be honest, if every service charges $8.95, I am not sure what I will do. I might still be at SD. The law of competition says Auctiva is a better deal. So I am here. I will put a few listing up today from Auctiva to make my final decision. I still have one month credit left with SD.

One note, many people decide to stay with a particular service (any kind of serice) because it's comfortable to stay with something they know. It takes efforts to learn something new. It's a proven marketing strategy. However, AOL still loses millions of subs every quarter. So, there.
quote:
Originally posted by dwangel:
It was a business decision that SD needed to make for the better of SD.

Here you have management acknowledging issues. Also the short time I have been here it is apparent that they know code to make changes to the program. It seems here they are using a stable network platform and software. I left SD long before the mention of price increase. Even if they were free I would have still left. Have others noticed how fast they can make changes to the program and let you know about it here. You might not agree with all the changes but they inform you.
quote:
Originally posted by hgmartin:
quote:

Here you have management acknowledging issues. Also the short time I have been here it is apparent that they know code to make changes to the program. It seems here they are using a stable network platform and software. I left SD long before the mention of price increase. Even if they were free I would have still left. Have others noticed how fast they can make changes to the program and let you know about it here. You might not agree with all the changes but they inform you.

Ditto times Two!

<poof>
It's Saturday and Family Time!
Donna
quote:
I just want to say that I don't think anyone whould bare ill-feeling towards SD. It was a business decision that SD needed to make for the better of SD. Obviously it will not fit everyone, but I am 100% sure there will be people still using SD. There are people who are currently using services far more expensive than SD. One day, maybe Auctiva will add a fee, it's all normal. One just to make a better judgement for himself. To be honest, if every service charges $8.95, I am not sure what I will do. I might still be at SD. The law of competition says Auctiva is a better deal. So I am here. I will put a few listing up today from Auctiva to make my final decision. I still have one month credit left with SD.

One note, many people decide to stay with a particular service (any kind of serice) because it's comfortable to stay with something they know. It takes efforts to learn something new. It's a proven marketing strategy. However, AOL still loses millions of subs every quarter. So, there.

I don't feel $8.95 per month is too much to ask for a service that for the most part can be relied on to work consistently. And who also has real customer service. Believe me, I had no problem with the $8.95 increase. My issue is with the lack of reliability, lack of ungrades (like shipping) and zero customer service.

Poor, unreliable service with zero customer service is too high a price even if it's free! So, with regard to SpareDollar these are the reasons I left. I agree with you, leaving was a sound business decision. Nothing personal or emotional about it.

I am using SMP (eBay) for the moment. It is included with the feature store charge. Since I'm always home to launch anyway, it doesn't matter (at the moment) that it doesn't offer free scheduling. I have been waiting for Auctiva to tweak a few issues. One being the pictures and use of custom templates.

I joined Auctiva back in August and in two short months I have watched the Auctiva staff make a real leap in customer service. When I first signed up, it wasn't as good as it is now. Man, they have it down now! Good for them.

Also in two short months, Auctiva has gone from no custom templates to custom templates. The whole pictures (borders and more) issues are being settled and fine tuned. I mean, someone behind the scenes has to go into the coding and rewrite it to accomodate these changes. The cool thing is, they're doing it!

Hopefully, the lines of communication will remain open. Auctiva is going to grow and it most definately is going to be in the big leagues. It's just a matter of time.

I hope, Auctiva remains eager to please their customer base and keeps things running smoothly without becoming an over priced Andale or Vendio.

Hope springs eternal.
I left SD last week moved all my profiles here. Then decided to give it a try again there were more problems, you couldn't even find the site, it was shut down for almost a whole day. I said to myself "self it was a simple mistake I'll give them one more chance." They screwed that up yesterday and now you are going to have to kick me outta here to get me to leave. You'sr stuck with me. Frog
quote:

There is no reason they can't keep a basic user service for $4.95. The people that use more can pay HIGHER monthly fees.

Tomas made the satement that if people left SD due to the fee raise, it was a good thing because it provided more space for others. He is glad to see us go and mentioned that he had estimated how many would leave due to the increase.
I am paraphrasing because I don't want to go back and copy and paste quotes.
I was not aware the comments SD made that they were glad to see people leave. As a business savy person myself, I would anticipate losing some customers in the event of a 81% fee increase. However,I would never announce I was glad to see people leave cause I wouldn't.

Whoever left at SD are loyal followers. The problem is for SD is not how many people have decided to stay, it's how many peole they are able to sign up in the future. They are now competing in a price tier that has a few other services competing with them. A seller who wants to use a listing service would most likely sign with Auctiva first, because Auctiva is in a market segment that SD was in (the free auction listing service part). That's how most of us signed with SD at the first place, right? Now SD has decided to leave this market segment and move into a differet tier (they better have the product to back it up though). Auctiva just stands out even more now. You will see. Loyalty has a price. If SD can not get more people to sign up, they have to keep raising rates to keep up with the profit margin. How many more will leave only time will tell.
quote:

After being a free beta tester since the beginning and then supporting him at $4.95 through all the bugs and growing pains, AND providing free advertising to bring HIM new business, he could at least throw us a bone - a return for OUR loyalty.

I was also in the beta at the beginning and then realized more BS. That along with some other things that I saw including a couple of things behind the scenes told me it was time to move on.
Hello Everyone!

One of the reasons I made this thread was so others that come here could see familiar faces and know that they're not alone in learning a new system.

I'm not being the best of hostess as I haven't been posting. Just know that I'm busy moving auctions over and I do see ya'll coming in to check in via email notification! I've also been busy trying to get my website up and running.

Glad to see everybody!
Off to life,
Donna
Hello fellow former SD members!! Glad to see that some of us found this site!! I just joined tonight, and so far it seems promising; anything should be better than the wonderful customer support that SpareDollar provided....which was NONE! When I received the email stating that they plan to raise the price, I was totally irate, but yet it was hilarious at the same time, because they said that they had to cover costs for upgrades, etc. to the site.......HA HA HA HA HA!!!!! If anyone believed that, they were not of this planet!!
I didn't even go back to SD since I got the email on 10/15; I was so mad....so I didn't see the HEARTFELT response that Tomas gave about him being glad that many of us would be leaving SD until I browsed through here tonight......guess Tomas wants to retire, because he certainly won't be working SD for much longer. Yes, he probably has bigger sellers than I am, of course, but my guess is that there are/were many many more small-time sellers supporting SD than high-volume sellers, however I'm sure they too, will also follow suit if they haven't started to do so already. Big or small time sellers, every dollar counts.
That was a HUGE slap in the face, if you ask me,...to LIE about why he is raising the price....and then to raise it as much as he did all at one time! What a jerk.
Well, again I'm glad to see that others have found this new avenue,and hopeful that other SD'ers will also migrate here, and I hope that this avenue will be traveled with little or no "pot-holes" and/or "construction with detours", LOL!

GOOD RIDDANCE TO BAD RUBBISH--SPARE DOLLAR!

Even if this site doesn't work out for me, I still will not look back..........
I can't get into the message boards at all. But I can sign in to my main SD account and view the images, etc. that I still have there. Which is good since I still have enough money toward my account (I paid a year in advance last November) that I should be good thru November. But I thought that fee I paid was supposed to INCLUDE access to the message boards??? And now I can't view them??? And I haven't even said anything bad about SD other than the fact that I wish they'd set up 2 tiers of service as I don't utilize all the features and can't justify their new price for the little amount of features/space I use. Hmph.
When I click on the message board a popup Windows network password box shows up.

Nice. Real nice. Nice group of people over there, huh? >Frown
Apparently cutting off access, for which we PAID, just because of spite. What else are we supposed to think?

Gee, what if I decided to try Auctiva, and then after a couple weeks - while my SD account is still active and paid for, mind you - decided no, this isn't for me. I like SD better even tho the price went up. And I wanted to stay with them? This little ploy sure isn't creating any warm-fuzzies about the site or the people involved. NOT a good PR stunt, if you ask me. Talk about burning your bridges.
I just got in and posted in response to poor Milo (a newbie). Bless his heart he posted a note worried since he tried out Auctiva if Tomas would be mad and nail him to the wall.

I use the "backdoor" to get in.
http://community.sparedollar.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=567...archTerms=,change,ID

I'm heading over to work on my auctions.

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
Donna

PS. Anybody know anything about adding an RSS feed of my eBay auctions to an existing page. I don't want the marketing <blech> html.
Your link didn't work for me - still got the pop-up password box.

Plus, I was just over there in my Images folder saving all my images to my C: drive, and now when I right-click, I don't get any options to "Save As". I did it last Friday, and I was just doing it this morning until about 5 minutes ago. Now I can't "save as" any of my own images.

WTH??
quote:
Originally posted by mar30:
Your link didn't work for me - still got the pop-up password box.

Plus, I was just over there in my Images folder saving all my images to my C: drive, and now when I right-click, I don't get any options to "Save As". I did it last Friday, and I was just doing it this morning until about 5 minutes ago. Now I can't "save as" any of my own images.

WTH??

Well, Gosh...CUHRAAAAZZZY!
I'm so sorry this has happened to you. It's happening to others on other message boards I belong to. For example the members at Auction Seller Motivators who still have paid up accounts through November with SD.
http://p2.forumforfree.com/index.php?mforum=auctionsellersm

I can still get in though.

I am outta here. Best of luck to everyone!
Donna
Could be. All I know is more SDers have Im'd me and told me they are done with SpareDollar. This last glitch was the last straw. They're moving to Auctiva, even as I write this.

Tomas must be in a real jam. To raise the price when the product is so far from working. On top of it, he seems upset with customers wanting real answers. As if they're doing something wrong with wanting a realistic committment / timeline for these upgrades. Sad. SpareDollar use to be a great place but like everything else change is on the horizon. And that change is the exodus of many long standing members.
quote:
And that change is the exodus of many long standing members.

Once he gets the quirks fixed, the new comers will probably take our place.

I hadn't used Bidville in awhile (no particular reason) and got a really nice e-mail inviting me back and mentioning their improvements. I appreciated the e-mail, went and checked it out, and listed a bunch of auctions and bought some stuff, too. I wonder if SD.....
quote:
Originally posted by wahm922:
I had no problems what so ever getting in since 7:00 this morning!
I have those three ISP that tomas gave out to by pass the problem so maybe that's it Wink

No problems with me this AM.

I REFUSE to use those numbers that Tomas gave out. I will not do handstands to access my own information. <sigh> Just a mess..oh yes it is.

He answered an email this morning? Or was the question answered on the boards?

Anyway...I got the same email from Bidville. I sell a few things a month from there and the kicker is this..I just closed everything out in September. <smile> I'll spend some time putting some other items up this week. It's a nice place, just no sales! And I gotta have sales!

Gotta run, Time to work on Halloween!
BOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
Donna
Hello fellow former SDers,

On SD I was known as ladybedilia, but here I've changed my name as I've decided to only use my ladybedilia name for my FoundValue business. I'm just finished moving and have decided to make simplicity a key word in my life so I'm getting rid of the "excess" in my life. Deciding to leave SD was hard but this site really works well and it's free, so that's even better. It's nice here so far; just hoping that some of the doom and gloomers from SD don't decide to bring their negativity over here.
When people get too out of control or rude I'll step in to make sure everyone is playing nice. I read a lot of message boards and the more users that get on them the more likely it becomes that little clicks begin to form and that ends up leading to bickering. The only yelling I hope to hear on these boards is you guys yelling at us, not eachother. Ok, I dont want to hear any yelling at me either Smile

I'm certain that if things are kept friendly here the board can grow to a pretty good size without those negatives that normally come along with larger boards. If not I dont have a problem disciplining trouble makers through warnings, moderation, and banning if it were to come to that. I'm talking larger issues. I try keep my nose out of the smaller squabbles and let those work themselves out on their own.
quote:
Originally posted by clearing_out_the_excess:

On SD I was known as ladybedilia,

Hey There!

Guess what? On September 8th Someone Googled your eBay ID and came to visit my ME page.
The viewer had searched for you and come up with the link to the Sparedollar Webring that I USED to be on. So hopefully I got a sale because they were looking for you! <wink>

Here's the link:
08 Sep, Thu, 17:22:20 http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=ladybedilia

Glad to see you made it over here.

Take care, Donna
quote:
Originally posted by Auctiva Tom T.:
When people get too out of control or rude I'll step in to make sure everyone is playing nice. I read a lot of message boards and the more users that get on them the more likely it becomes that little clicks begin to form and that ends up leading to bickering. The only yelling I hope to hear on these boards is you guys yelling at us, not eachother. Ok, I dont want to hear any yelling at me either Smile

I'm certain that if things are kept friendly here the board can grow to a pretty good size without those negatives that normally come along with larger boards. If not I dont have a problem disciplining trouble makers through warnings, moderation, and banning if it were to come to that. I'm talking larger issues. I try keep my nose out of the smaller squabbles and let those work themselves out on their own.

Thanks!
I would like to commend you Tom on one recent discussion you nipped in the bud.

The bullying ranter would've kept on ranting like a dog whose jaws had locked on it's prey had you not locked the thread.

Please note that Tom did not DELETE the thread.

Take care and run the boards the way you best see fit.

Your wish that the community would grow is happening.

Best wishes,
Donna
quote:

Gosh, I hope you do just that and then some.

Thank you. Smile
Glad to hear that! Now I wonder who was googling my name. Hmmmmmmmmmmm.

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by clearing_out_the_excess:

On SD I was known as ladybedilia,

Hey There!

Guess what? On September 8th Someone Googled your eBay ID and came to visit my ME page.
The viewer had searched for you and come up with the link to the Sparedollar Webring that I USED to be on. So hopefully I got a sale because they were looking for you! <wink>

Here's the link:
08 Sep, Thu, 17:22:20 http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=ladybedilia

Glad to see you made it over here.

Take care, Donna
May I say how refreshing it is to see people saying nice things? After seeing all the sarcastic remarks aimed at people who questioned the rate increase when service hadn't improved, I decided to do what one loyal user suggested and just leave. Was over there today trying to delete some old images and went to the community board to find out why I couldn't. My goodness, people were being hateful. And thank you Auctiva for actually responding to questions and/or problems. Even when it's my fault I mess up I need to know what to do to fix itSmile
I like it here!
headhunt1
quote:
Right now I have to check out about counters.

kimber, we have GREAT counters. We are partnered with Sellathon and give all of our customers free basic counters that have some sellathon functionality. Of course if you want the full featured counters that they offer, you can always upgrade with them.. but this by no means is required.

Thanks!
Bill
I love big front porches. My grandmother had one with a swing on it when I was growing up. Lemonade is the staple behind many long, lazy summer conversations. Now, this is what I'm talking about. The AHL is history.

All hail, The Front Porch.

Plus, I have popcorn. Who wants some?

PS - Since it's fall/winter we can hangout next to the fireplace for now with some hot chocolate. Yum.
C'mon to Florida David!
Danielle (WAHM) and I are experiencing some really beautiful weather here in FL. Definitely a nice chilled beverage of your choice can be found!

Here's my thoughts..

Is everyone going to keep hanging out in this thread?
Should we ask the Powers At Large to Open a Room that's for everyone? (not just SD'ers that have moved on)

I, for one, would like to have a chance to meet other great folks whose minds I'm sure are sharp and have much to offer...and they wouldn't think about jumping into a thread that looks like it's only made for X-Sparedollar members.

Whadya think?

Thanks for the opportunity to ask!
Donna
quote:
quote:
I better get back to work if I'm gunna be all moved out by the 15th.
Well your avatar is coming up as a red x, so I went to see where it was hosted...

Thats cause I moved it from SD to here and didn't change the URL. After I get something moved I'm deleting it from over yonder so I'm not templted to go running back.

~LOL~

All better now Wink
quote:

Let the mean, grumpy know-it-alls stay there and let's start something new here.

I know whatcha mean. That was a big problem over there. I can`t stand bullies & rude know it alls. It was just amazing how Tomas would over look those posts. IMO he is NOT a good business man because he allowed this one bully (wont mention name) to run customers away. SD is not a good place for me, because a couple of posters over there were just too overbearing. Of course I was rude right back because I never back down from a bully. I like the atmosphere here at Auctiva. Smile
Can't believe some people over at SD are still debating over the rate increase. Gheese, enough already. they need to stop. If SD fits you, stay. If not, there are other alternatives. If other alternatives don't work out, you can always go back. BF is defending SD like he owns the joint. Can't help but wonder why. So sick of it.

You know, if you list hundreds of listings a month, SD is really not that a bad of a deal. Like every service you subscribe to, the question is always "is it worth it for you?".

I think some of the people there just need to move on. Nothing is going to change just because you are bitching about it.
quote:
Can't believe some people over at SD are still debating over the rate increase. Gheese, enough already. they need to stop. If SD fits you, stay. If not, there are other alternatives. If other alternatives don't work out, you can always go back. BF is defending SD like he owns the joint. Can't help but wonder why. So sick of it.

You know, if you list hundreds of listings a month, SD is really not that a bad of a deal. Like every service you subscribe to, the question is always "is it worth it for you?".

I think some of the people there just need to move on. Nothing is going to change just because you are bitching about it.

Here here, well said. Ha, if the ones complaining about the SD price increase knew about Auctiva, they'd be gone so fast, BF's head would spin. Lol, that would be a sight to see.

SD is okay, or at least, it use to be. Auctiva is a better interface / program. It is far more user friendly and organized. The staff is continually working out the bugs, upgrading, improving and moving upward and onward. All while offering stellar customer service. $8.95 for so so service with many broken features and zero customer support. Or FREE for killer service and fabulous customer support. What's to think about? Goodbye, SpareDollar parting is such sweet new horizons of great auction management service and no grumpy, bossy, egotistical bullies.

Ah, life is good. Smile
[/QUOTE]

Here here, well said. Ha, if the ones complaining about the SD price increase knew about Auctiva, they'd be gone so fast, BF's head would spin. LoL, that would be a sight to see.

SD is okay, or at least, it use to be. Auctiva is a better interface / program. It is far more user friendly and organized. The staff is continually working out the bugs, upgrading, improving and moving upward and onward. All while offering stellar customer service. $8.95 for so so service with many broken features and zero customer support. Or FREE for killer service and fabulous customer support. What's to think about? Goodbye, SpareDollar parting is such sweet new horizons of great auction management service and no grumpy, bossy, egotistical bullies.

Ah, life is good. Smile[/QUOTE]

Magie- Very well said. It is nice to see many former SD users here. I signed up for Auctiva on Oct. 15th. Comm. board Nov. 4th. I have been listing auctions & the format is so easy. Everything here actually works! We former SD users are not used to this wonderful treatment. I feel like a pig in sunshine! Big Grin
Your so called, 'tell it like it is' services aren't needed here, biggfredd. We have REAL customer support at Auctiva. We have, Tom, among others to answer all of our questions with respect and kindness minus the pompus, egotistical rudeness that infects SpareDollar. Besides, we all be likin' our sugggggarrrrr just fine. It isn't a matter of not being able to 'handle it'. It's a matter of not wanting to have to 'deal with it (you)'. There's a difference.
Your being a bully or rather rude has nothing to do with SpareDollar needing customer support. You're in demand because SD doesn't have customer support. We have plenty of fabulous support here at Auctiva. So you aren't 'in demand' here. Don't worry, I'm sure there are PLENTY of people who need you over at SD. Don't keep them waiting.
quote:
Originally posted by biggfredd:
I am not asking anyone to like me, but if you searched my ID you'd find more questions, and people asking for help addressed to me than anyone else. If I am such a bullie then why am I in such demand?

I for one am quite thankful for the help that has been offered to me by Fred.

I'm not sorry to be leaving Sparedollar, but I am sorry to leave some of the wonderful selling minds behind.

I'm happy with Auctiva. It's a business decision on my part. I have worked hard on moving my auctions out and away and don't want any person ragging me because I made a business decision based SOLELY on MY NEEDS. And on the needs to have a business that answers my questions and upgrades on a regular basis. I'd pay Auctiva if I could..oh yes I would. It's not a matter of money for me..it's a business decision.

To be forthright and honest, Fred you shouldn't have been called upon to answer questions regarding SD performance. The owner and proprietor of the service should have been answering questions for years (over 2+ years I was there) in regards to this service.

Now questions in regards to shipping, what is an item, invasions of accounts, threats for negatives, email questions in regards to eBay..yes..I can see those.

But when the proprietor of a business does not answer his emails (and I've sent plenty) or address the problems of his business thats just bad business practice. If the search worked I could go back over the past 24+ months to see how many posts he made about problems his business, Sparedollar, instead of depending upon his members to answer questions.

TAKE THIS OUTSIDE YOU TWO!

I don't want this board mucked up with crappola.
So far it's been a nice place to be and I've enjoyed spending time here.

Once again, I will state this and I mean it!!!!!

Take this elsewhere but not here or I will ask management to LOCK THIS THREAD!

Thoroughly Disgusted,
Donna
Last edited by suthrnjewl
No worries from me. I don't want any crap here either. I've been here since, August and haven't had a single problem. I don't plan on having any now. I have nothing left to say to him. I feel confident that, Auctiva will handle any issues that may or may not arise. Moving on......... it's a beautiful day.

I'm going out to enjoy it.

Smile
people need to THINK before being nice to INSULTERS.... insulters are DIFFERENT than weirdos and nuts and wild people....

people who see insulters insult ANYONE should not be nice to them even when they do help at times.... its like being nice to a serial killer that only kills once a yr cause he gives out help alot at others times.... giving out help does NOT change what a person is that insults or kills.... don't feed this type person with giving out compliments.. it causes more of this harm from this type person...

if a person overlooks cause a person is helping them.. they NEED to THINK!!!!
I say we all move on before this gets out of hand but wasn't BF mentioned here first BEFORE he showed up?

I'm not taking sides cause I myself have been know to tell him to "put a sock in it" Razz

So on a happier note I managed to get all my templates and all my listings out of SD, now to finish up the pics and I'm done.

Converted my about ME page over and sent a bunch of my store items to auction this week and then can put them back in the store via Auctiva if they don't sell.

Back to work . . .
Last edited by wahm922
this thread is about sd and the problems over there.. and when talking about problems with sd ,, talking about the forum insulter is part of talking about the problems of sd..

to understand how to handle insulters one has to understand how serial killers should be handled also... yes one is much worse than the other BUT they both should be handled in similar ways..... when both do good 95% then kill and insult 5% of the time.... who are they?? they are insulters and serial killers.. even tho they do help MOST of the time...

and i saw many sd people overlook the insulting cause they were helped... this is like when a serial killer kills one child a yr but helps your child you overlook..... nope never OVERLOOK insulters and killers... insulting is making another feel less so that this person can feel superior.... this is different than weirdos and nut cases and wild people... this is close to the killers... so THINK people before you praise the good these people do... if they can't stop the insulting others don't praise them no matter what help they give YOU... don't be the type to say.. oh he hasn't insulted me so its fine!!!!
quote:
Originally posted by wahm922: I managed to get all my trmplates and al my listings out of SD, now to finish up the pica and I'm done.

Converted my about ME page over and sent a bunch of my store items to auction this week and then can put them back in the store via Auctiva if they son't sell.

It's a lot of time and effort but so worth it! Congrats!
Move along, Nothing to see.
Move along now.

On a lighter note, WOOHOO! Danielle (WAHM)! It's hard work and it takes perserverance to get everything rock n rolling...proud of you!

Welcome Grandma and all other new ones to our group.

Patrick thank you for your longer posting with your thoughts.

We'll be moving on...Nothing to see. Just like the cops say as they wave you on at the scene of an accident.

We'll continue to have a nice community full of support catsnroses (call me Donna), you watch, we'll all stay on top of this...ok?

Take care Everyone,
Donna
C'mon in!

Visit the boards and get a feel for the service. If you need any help we're here..just leave a question even better yet..fill out a help form and you get an answer from their customer service.

Take care!

Gosh...answering questions daily? On the boards?

I hear it was a nice buncha folks back then..I'm glad you're here and we'll try to make the transition smooth.

Take care, Donna
Thanks Donna!

Not only did he answer questions daily on the board...he emailed people too. And it was FREE. We all helped with little things on his new site...spelling, grammar, etc. That seemed like internet years ago... <snicker...like walking 3 miles to school, uphill, in the snow, with a hot potatoe to keep your hands warm then ya ate it for lunch>

I'm liking this place. I've had 3 support tickets...all answered in a timely manner. Not necessarily fixed but at least addressed...I can deal with it. There's definitely a steeper learning curve here but I'm slowly catching the hang of it. And I actually like the lister better.

Shay
KtazeyKat, don't just stop by. you should give Auctiva a try. Ince you get over the learning curve. you'll find it pretty much does what SD does. Templates are better in my opinion.

I have moved all photos out of SD. I didn't know any better way of doing it. I just copied and pasted each photo to my harddrive and uploaded them all to Auctiva from the harddrive. However when I did a preview of the photos, they appear to be pretty small. When I uploaded photos directly from the camera, the photos are blown up by Auctiva when I did a preview. So I am little concern about that when I use these transplanted photos in the auctions. Hopefully they won't be as small. But there is nothing I can do about that.
I just pointed the curser on the photo and right clicked to do copy and pasted to my harddrive. It was a long process. They look pretty small in Auctiva's photo folder compared to the ones that I directly loaded to Auctiva from my Flashcard. We'll see how they turn out when I do a couple of listings.

I see Auctiva fixed its photo folder problem I had before. All the photos actually got uploaded to the folder I created, not to the "no folder" folder. So that's very good.
quote:
Originally posted by catsnroses:
quote:
Hey Donna I sent you an email Wink

Thanks,
~Danielle

Oh I see! Its just so darn hard to keep up with all of your IDs...Danielle, eCloset, FullMoon, brokenhalo & who knows how many more.

Gosh,

IDs shouldn't be a problem...right? I don't post all of my IDs here either...selling IDs that is. I have four of them including Suthrnjewl. There's no need to post them though...This was the one I started with on Auctiva and I'm comfortable with this one.

I assumed everyone would know that Danielle has two businesses going on the internet and with eBay. She has them on her 360 and she's had them for a long time posting..I just figured everyone knew. PLUS WAHM is her YAHOO 360 name..work at home mom and that's on her link.

I for one don't care how many IDs another has..sorry catsnroses...but it doesn't matter to me as long as the ID that posts to me is respectful.

Danielle thanks for the tips via email regarding the template question I asked.

We have some great minds here if we would all just be respectful of what everyone has to offer this will go smooth. Some have the same old IDs they are known everywhere as (me) and some might have new ones (thats ok) and others might have several.

Donna
quote:
quote:
AND it's a FULL MOON!
What are the odds?
I know..I know..odds aren't that huge.
HA!

Danielle..I left a note in the custom template..under gosh..I don't remember the title. Could you take a peek?

Thanks, Donna

Donna, I`m not Danielle if you were talking to me.

Thanks for the heads up..

Nope Danielle is Danielle..ecloset/full moon. We're on one another's 360 and go back a few years.

If I knew your first name I'd call you that with permission also.

Take care, Donna
quote:
quote:
quote:
Hey Donna I sent you an email Wink

Thanks,
~Danielle

Oh I see! Its just so darn hard to keep up with all of your IDs...Danielle, eCloset, FullMoon, brokenhalo & who knows how many more.

Gosh,

IDs shouldn't be a problem...right? I don't post all of my IDs here either...selling IDs that is. I have four of them including Suthrnjewl. There's no need to post them though...This was the one I started with on Auctiva and I'm comfortable with this one.

I assumed everyone would know that Danielle has two businesses going on the internet and with eBay. She has them on her 360 and she's had them for a long time posting..I just figured everyone knew. PLUS WAHM is her YAHOO 360 name..work at home mom and that's on her link.

I for one don't care how many IDs another has..sorry catsnroses...but it doesn't matter to me as long as the ID that posts to me is respectful.

Danielle thanks for the tips via email regarding the template question I asked.

We have some great minds here if we would all just be respectful of what everyone has to offer this will go smooth. Some have the same old IDs they are known everywhere as (me) and some might have new ones (thats ok) and others might have several.

Donna

You are so right Donna. We SHOULD be respectful of others & that includes not calling another a pig. Can you tell me what Danielle`s ID brokenhalo is used for, other than trying to stir up crap with me on another thread? The images thread to be exact.
I have no idea what's going on and don't really want to know.

One might have many IDs but it doesn't matter very much because most people have a single or couple of IP addresses. Auctiva Staff has already made it very clear that troublemakers will not be tolerated. So, multiple ID is a moot issue per se. The IP addy is what counts. For heaven's sake -- be good to one another.
quote:
Good morning!

Get to work!
<smile>
Donna

Yes Mom Big Grin

Hi ho hi ho off to work I go . . .

Isn't it just another beautiful Floriday? The kids and I were out playing this morning so now its work time.

I have a big mess to clean up. Silly me never changed the images out in one of my templates so my listings are a mess Roll Eyes

Oppsie!
I'm glad you found us via a Google.
It's as I told everyone when I left SD..I'm NOT that hard to find.

Glad you're here. Customer service is great and you'll be more than pleased.

I love the term lost boys and girls.

Yep 9th in a Google Search. I'm glad I titled the thread the way I did..I had hoped it would bring the stragglers in eventually.

We're also meeting over at Auction Sellers Motivators. If you'd like that message board link...lemme know.
Suthrnjewl@Suthrnjewl.com

Take care, Donna
quote:
This just gets more exciting by the minute. Can I play too.

Hey, Fredd, as long as your here, what was that HTML kludge-hack that we used to use to center a fixed-width listing in the screen? I remember the text-align trick for IE and margin:0px auto for Fox, but wasn't there something deprecated we had to use, too?

You're the man.

CB
quote:

biggfredd,

Thanks for telling me about what makes Internet Explorer better than the Firefox browser I was using.
I've since used nothing but Internet Explorer and everything runs much smoother and faster.

What model of Dell computer was that you suggested I get?

Thanks,
rbol
quote:
Originally posted by Capt. Binghamton:
quote:

Hey, Fredd, as long as your here, what was that HTML kludge-hack that we used to use to center a fixed-width listing in the screen? I remember the text-align trick for IE and margin:0px auto for Fox, but wasn't there something deprecated we had to use, too?

You're the man.

CB

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO...and you, too! Stirring the pot.

You're gonna get in trouble when you get home!
Naughty!
Donna
I thought that those new to Auctiva MIGHT enjoy sitting through the below mentioned class. It's quick, fun and interesting. This to me is Customer Service at it's finest. Or perhaps I'm just amazed after having been denied any customer service from a previous service for so long I'm delirious. <smile> Enjoy, Donna
Hello,

Auctiva is hosting it's new "How to List" class and I am looking for anyone interested to view and participate next Wednesday, Nov 16th, at 4 PM PST. This class will cover the basics of creating a listing, including uploading images and using templates and will last about 30 minutes.

To participate, please file a support case expressing your interest in the beta test of our "How to List" class. You can do this by going to Auctiva -> Help and clicking the "File a Support Case" link. I will send an email invitation to the first 10 people who express interest.

This is a great chance for anyone who has signed up but not yet posted to get a quick demo.

You'll take your computer to a web link we give you and you'll be able to watch our screen while listenting to us on the phone call, as well as interact. It's a toll free number as well.

Thank you,
Auctiva Support
Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.