Skip to main content

quote:
Originally posted by Auctiva Tom T.:
quote:
I better get back to work if I'm gunna be all moved out by the 15th.
Well your avatar is coming up as a red x, so I went to see where it was hosted...

Thats cause I moved it from SD to here and didn't change the URL. After I get something moved I'm deleting it from over yonder so I'm not templted to go running back.

~LOL~

All better now Wink
quote:

Let the mean, grumpy know-it-alls stay there and let's start something new here.

I know whatcha mean. That was a big problem over there. I can`t stand bullies & rude know it alls. It was just amazing how Tomas would over look those posts. IMO he is NOT a good business man because he allowed this one bully (wont mention name) to run customers away. SD is not a good place for me, because a couple of posters over there were just too overbearing. Of course I was rude right back because I never back down from a bully. I like the atmosphere here at Auctiva. Smile
Can't believe some people over at SD are still debating over the rate increase. Gheese, enough already. they need to stop. If SD fits you, stay. If not, there are other alternatives. If other alternatives don't work out, you can always go back. BF is defending SD like he owns the joint. Can't help but wonder why. So sick of it.

You know, if you list hundreds of listings a month, SD is really not that a bad of a deal. Like every service you subscribe to, the question is always "is it worth it for you?".

I think some of the people there just need to move on. Nothing is going to change just because you are bitching about it.
quote:
Originally posted by dwangel:
Can't believe some people over at SD are still debating over the rate increase. Gheese, enough already. they need to stop. If SD fits you, stay. If not, there are other alternatives. If other alternatives don't work out, you can always go back. BF is defending SD like he owns the joint. Can't help but wonder why. So sick of it.

You know, if you list hundreds of listings a month, SD is really not that a bad of a deal. Like every service you subscribe to, the question is always "is it worth it for you?".

I think some of the people there just need to move on. Nothing is going to change just because you are bitching about it.

Here here, well said. Ha, if the ones complaining about the SD price increase knew about Auctiva, they'd be gone so fast, BF's head would spin. Lol, that would be a sight to see.

SD is okay, or at least, it use to be. Auctiva is a better interface / program. It is far more user friendly and organized. The staff is continually working out the bugs, upgrading, improving and moving upward and onward. All while offering stellar customer service. $8.95 for so so service with many broken features and zero customer support. Or FREE for killer service and fabulous customer support. What's to think about? Goodbye, SpareDollar parting is such sweet new horizons of great auction management service and no grumpy, bossy, egotistical bullies.

Ah, life is good. Smile
[/QUOTE]

Here here, well said. Ha, if the ones complaining about the SD price increase knew about Auctiva, they'd be gone so fast, BF's head would spin. LoL, that would be a sight to see.

SD is okay, or at least, it use to be. Auctiva is a better interface / program. It is far more user friendly and organized. The staff is continually working out the bugs, upgrading, improving and moving upward and onward. All while offering stellar customer service. $8.95 for so so service with many broken features and zero customer support. Or FREE for killer service and fabulous customer support. What's to think about? Goodbye, SpareDollar parting is such sweet new horizons of great auction management service and no grumpy, bossy, egotistical bullies.

Ah, life is good. Smile[/QUOTE]

Magie- Very well said. It is nice to see many former SD users here. I signed up for Auctiva on Oct. 15th. Comm. board Nov. 4th. I have been listing auctions & the format is so easy. Everything here actually works! We former SD users are not used to this wonderful treatment. I feel like a pig in sunshine! Big Grin
Your so called, 'tell it like it is' services aren't needed here, biggfredd. We have REAL customer support at Auctiva. We have, Tom, among others to answer all of our questions with respect and kindness minus the pompus, egotistical rudeness that infects SpareDollar. Besides, we all be likin' our sugggggarrrrr just fine. It isn't a matter of not being able to 'handle it'. It's a matter of not wanting to have to 'deal with it (you)'. There's a difference.
Your being a bully or rather rude has nothing to do with SpareDollar needing customer support. You're in demand because SD doesn't have customer support. We have plenty of fabulous support here at Auctiva. So you aren't 'in demand' here. Don't worry, I'm sure there are PLENTY of people who need you over at SD. Don't keep them waiting.
quote:
Originally posted by biggfredd:
I am not asking anyone to like me, but if you searched my ID you'd find more questions, and people asking for help addressed to me than anyone else. If I am such a bullie then why am I in such demand?

I for one am quite thankful for the help that has been offered to me by Fred.

I'm not sorry to be leaving Sparedollar, but I am sorry to leave some of the wonderful selling minds behind.

I'm happy with Auctiva. It's a business decision on my part. I have worked hard on moving my auctions out and away and don't want any person ragging me because I made a business decision based SOLELY on MY NEEDS. And on the needs to have a business that answers my questions and upgrades on a regular basis. I'd pay Auctiva if I could..oh yes I would. It's not a matter of money for me..it's a business decision.

To be forthright and honest, Fred you shouldn't have been called upon to answer questions regarding SD performance. The owner and proprietor of the service should have been answering questions for years (over 2+ years I was there) in regards to this service.

Now questions in regards to shipping, what is an item, invasions of accounts, threats for negatives, email questions in regards to eBay..yes..I can see those.

But when the proprietor of a business does not answer his emails (and I've sent plenty) or address the problems of his business thats just bad business practice. If the search worked I could go back over the past 24+ months to see how many posts he made about problems his business, Sparedollar, instead of depending upon his members to answer questions.

TAKE THIS OUTSIDE YOU TWO!

I don't want this board mucked up with crappola.
So far it's been a nice place to be and I've enjoyed spending time here.

Once again, I will state this and I mean it!!!!!

Take this elsewhere but not here or I will ask management to LOCK THIS THREAD!

Thoroughly Disgusted,
Donna
Last edited by suthrnjewl
No worries from me. I don't want any crap here either. I've been here since, August and haven't had a single problem. I don't plan on having any now. I have nothing left to say to him. I feel confident that, Auctiva will handle any issues that may or may not arise. Moving on......... it's a beautiful day.

I'm going out to enjoy it.

Smile
people need to THINK before being nice to INSULTERS.... insulters are DIFFERENT than weirdos and nuts and wild people....

people who see insulters insult ANYONE should not be nice to them even when they do help at times.... its like being nice to a serial killer that only kills once a yr cause he gives out help alot at others times.... giving out help does NOT change what a person is that insults or kills.... don't feed this type person with giving out compliments.. it causes more of this harm from this type person...

if a person overlooks cause a person is helping them.. they NEED to THINK!!!!
I say we all move on before this gets out of hand but wasn't BF mentioned here first BEFORE he showed up?

I'm not taking sides cause I myself have been know to tell him to "put a sock in it" Razz

So on a happier note I managed to get all my templates and all my listings out of SD, now to finish up the pics and I'm done.

Converted my about ME page over and sent a bunch of my store items to auction this week and then can put them back in the store via Auctiva if they don't sell.

Back to work . . .
Last edited by wahm922
this thread is about sd and the problems over there.. and when talking about problems with sd ,, talking about the forum insulter is part of talking about the problems of sd..

to understand how to handle insulters one has to understand how serial killers should be handled also... yes one is much worse than the other BUT they both should be handled in similar ways..... when both do good 95% then kill and insult 5% of the time.... who are they?? they are insulters and serial killers.. even tho they do help MOST of the time...

and i saw many sd people overlook the insulting cause they were helped... this is like when a serial killer kills one child a yr but helps your child you overlook..... nope never OVERLOOK insulters and killers... insulting is making another feel less so that this person can feel superior.... this is different than weirdos and nut cases and wild people... this is close to the killers... so THINK people before you praise the good these people do... if they can't stop the insulting others don't praise them no matter what help they give YOU... don't be the type to say.. oh he hasn't insulted me so its fine!!!!
quote:
Originally posted by wahm922: I managed to get all my trmplates and al my listings out of SD, now to finish up the pica and I'm done.

Converted my about ME page over and sent a bunch of my store items to auction this week and then can put them back in the store via Auctiva if they son't sell.

It's a lot of time and effort but so worth it! Congrats!
Move along, Nothing to see.
Move along now.

On a lighter note, WOOHOO! Danielle (WAHM)! It's hard work and it takes perserverance to get everything rock n rolling...proud of you!

Welcome Grandma and all other new ones to our group.

Patrick thank you for your longer posting with your thoughts.

We'll be moving on...Nothing to see. Just like the cops say as they wave you on at the scene of an accident.

We'll continue to have a nice community full of support catsnroses (call me Donna), you watch, we'll all stay on top of this...ok?

Take care Everyone,
Donna
C'mon in!

Visit the boards and get a feel for the service. If you need any help we're here..just leave a question even better yet..fill out a help form and you get an answer from their customer service.

Take care!

Gosh...answering questions daily? On the boards?

I hear it was a nice buncha folks back then..I'm glad you're here and we'll try to make the transition smooth.

Take care, Donna
Thanks Donna!

Not only did he answer questions daily on the board...he emailed people too. And it was FREE. We all helped with little things on his new site...spelling, grammar, etc. That seemed like internet years ago... <snicker...like walking 3 miles to school, uphill, in the snow, with a hot potatoe to keep your hands warm then ya ate it for lunch>

I'm liking this place. I've had 3 support tickets...all answered in a timely manner. Not necessarily fixed but at least addressed...I can deal with it. There's definitely a steeper learning curve here but I'm slowly catching the hang of it. And I actually like the lister better.

Shay
Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.