Skip to main content

I just got in and posted in response to poor Milo (a newbie). Bless his heart he posted a note worried since he tried out Auctiva if Tomas would be mad and nail him to the wall.

I use the "backdoor" to get in.
http://community.sparedollar.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=567...archTerms=,change,ID

I'm heading over to work on my auctions.

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
Donna

PS. Anybody know anything about adding an RSS feed of my eBay auctions to an existing page. I don't want the marketing <blech> html.
Your link didn't work for me - still got the pop-up password box.

Plus, I was just over there in my Images folder saving all my images to my C: drive, and now when I right-click, I don't get any options to "Save As". I did it last Friday, and I was just doing it this morning until about 5 minutes ago. Now I can't "save as" any of my own images.

WTH??
quote:
Originally posted by mar30:
Your link didn't work for me - still got the pop-up password box.

Plus, I was just over there in my Images folder saving all my images to my C: drive, and now when I right-click, I don't get any options to "Save As". I did it last Friday, and I was just doing it this morning until about 5 minutes ago. Now I can't "save as" any of my own images.

WTH??

Well, Gosh...CUHRAAAAZZZY!
I'm so sorry this has happened to you. It's happening to others on other message boards I belong to. For example the members at Auction Seller Motivators who still have paid up accounts through November with SD.
http://p2.forumforfree.com/index.php?mforum=auctionsellersm

I can still get in though.

I am outta here. Best of luck to everyone!
Donna
Could be. All I know is more SDers have Im'd me and told me they are done with SpareDollar. This last glitch was the last straw. They're moving to Auctiva, even as I write this.

Tomas must be in a real jam. To raise the price when the product is so far from working. On top of it, he seems upset with customers wanting real answers. As if they're doing something wrong with wanting a realistic committment / timeline for these upgrades. Sad. SpareDollar use to be a great place but like everything else change is on the horizon. And that change is the exodus of many long standing members.
quote:
And that change is the exodus of many long standing members.

Once he gets the quirks fixed, the new comers will probably take our place.

I hadn't used Bidville in awhile (no particular reason) and got a really nice e-mail inviting me back and mentioning their improvements. I appreciated the e-mail, went and checked it out, and listed a bunch of auctions and bought some stuff, too. I wonder if SD.....
quote:
Originally posted by wahm922:
I had no problems what so ever getting in since 7:00 this morning!
I have those three ISP that tomas gave out to by pass the problem so maybe that's it Wink

No problems with me this AM.

I REFUSE to use those numbers that Tomas gave out. I will not do handstands to access my own information. <sigh> Just a mess..oh yes it is.

He answered an email this morning? Or was the question answered on the boards?

Anyway...I got the same email from Bidville. I sell a few things a month from there and the kicker is this..I just closed everything out in September. <smile> I'll spend some time putting some other items up this week. It's a nice place, just no sales! And I gotta have sales!

Gotta run, Time to work on Halloween!
BOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
Donna
Hello fellow former SDers,

On SD I was known as ladybedilia, but here I've changed my name as I've decided to only use my ladybedilia name for my FoundValue business. I'm just finished moving and have decided to make simplicity a key word in my life so I'm getting rid of the "excess" in my life. Deciding to leave SD was hard but this site really works well and it's free, so that's even better. It's nice here so far; just hoping that some of the doom and gloomers from SD don't decide to bring their negativity over here.
When people get too out of control or rude I'll step in to make sure everyone is playing nice. I read a lot of message boards and the more users that get on them the more likely it becomes that little clicks begin to form and that ends up leading to bickering. The only yelling I hope to hear on these boards is you guys yelling at us, not eachother. Ok, I dont want to hear any yelling at me either Smile

I'm certain that if things are kept friendly here the board can grow to a pretty good size without those negatives that normally come along with larger boards. If not I dont have a problem disciplining trouble makers through warnings, moderation, and banning if it were to come to that. I'm talking larger issues. I try keep my nose out of the smaller squabbles and let those work themselves out on their own.
quote:
Originally posted by clearing_out_the_excess:

On SD I was known as ladybedilia,

Hey There!

Guess what? On September 8th Someone Googled your eBay ID and came to visit my ME page.
The viewer had searched for you and come up with the link to the Sparedollar Webring that I USED to be on. So hopefully I got a sale because they were looking for you! <wink>

Here's the link:
08 Sep, Thu, 17:22:20 http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=ladybedilia

Glad to see you made it over here.

Take care, Donna
quote:
Originally posted by Auctiva Tom T.:
When people get too out of control or rude I'll step in to make sure everyone is playing nice. I read a lot of message boards and the more users that get on them the more likely it becomes that little clicks begin to form and that ends up leading to bickering. The only yelling I hope to hear on these boards is you guys yelling at us, not eachother. Ok, I dont want to hear any yelling at me either Smile

I'm certain that if things are kept friendly here the board can grow to a pretty good size without those negatives that normally come along with larger boards. If not I dont have a problem disciplining trouble makers through warnings, moderation, and banning if it were to come to that. I'm talking larger issues. I try keep my nose out of the smaller squabbles and let those work themselves out on their own.

Thanks!
I would like to commend you Tom on one recent discussion you nipped in the bud.

The bullying ranter would've kept on ranting like a dog whose jaws had locked on it's prey had you not locked the thread.

Please note that Tom did not DELETE the thread.

Take care and run the boards the way you best see fit.

Your wish that the community would grow is happening.

Best wishes,
Donna
quote:
Originally posted by Auctiva Tom T.:

Gosh, I hope you do just that and then some.

Thank you. Smile
Glad to hear that! Now I wonder who was googling my name. Hmmmmmmmmmmm.

quote:
Originally posted by Suthrnjewl:
quote:
Originally posted by clearing_out_the_excess:

On SD I was known as ladybedilia,

Hey There!

Guess what? On September 8th Someone Googled your eBay ID and came to visit my ME page.
The viewer had searched for you and come up with the link to the Sparedollar Webring that I USED to be on. So hopefully I got a sale because they were looking for you! <wink>

Here's the link:
08 Sep, Thu, 17:22:20 http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=ladybedilia

Glad to see you made it over here.

Take care, Donna
May I say how refreshing it is to see people saying nice things? After seeing all the sarcastic remarks aimed at people who questioned the rate increase when service hadn't improved, I decided to do what one loyal user suggested and just leave. Was over there today trying to delete some old images and went to the community board to find out why I couldn't. My goodness, people were being hateful. And thank you Auctiva for actually responding to questions and/or problems. Even when it's my fault I mess up I need to know what to do to fix itSmile
I like it here!
headhunt1
quote:
Right now I have to check out about counters.

kimber, we have GREAT counters. We are partnered with Sellathon and give all of our customers free basic counters that have some sellathon functionality. Of course if you want the full featured counters that they offer, you can always upgrade with them.. but this by no means is required.

Thanks!
Bill
I love big front porches. My grandmother had one with a swing on it when I was growing up. Lemonade is the staple behind many long, lazy summer conversations. Now, this is what I'm talking about. The AHL is history.

All hail, The Front Porch.

Plus, I have popcorn. Who wants some?

PS - Since it's fall/winter we can hangout next to the fireplace for now with some hot chocolate. Yum.
C'mon to Florida David!
Danielle (WAHM) and I are experiencing some really beautiful weather here in FL. Definitely a nice chilled beverage of your choice can be found!

Here's my thoughts..

Is everyone going to keep hanging out in this thread?
Should we ask the Powers At Large to Open a Room that's for everyone? (not just SD'ers that have moved on)

I, for one, would like to have a chance to meet other great folks whose minds I'm sure are sharp and have much to offer...and they wouldn't think about jumping into a thread that looks like it's only made for X-Sparedollar members.

Whadya think?

Thanks for the opportunity to ask!
Donna
Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.