Skip to main content

Reply to "unable to upload photos"

Geez...could we make all of this any more difficult to understand???

I do not have windows 8 as it just came out a few months back (thank goodness because it would be totally in mess I am in now with a new system).

I have on the computer I use most of the time Windows 7 which is on the support ticket I filed. (from what you are saying unless I am missing something is IF you have WINDOWS 8 you have desktop, my support ticket says I have windows 7 and they said I could use a desktop version?) and I have the newer description editor, (which should sure be known as I have been very vocal about HATING the newer one and still think it was 100% better than what I have dealt with on the newer one, as every time I use a friends old editor I am green with envy but that is another story). However, again, I ask....if the newer one is not Internet Explorer 10 Update ready and the old one is working with it, then WHY in the world are we being forced to risk our security by not updating and disabling things and changing settings? This seems like a simple temporary solution to one of the problems, why force something that is not working down our throats????

****So with Windows 7 is internet explorer update 10 up to speed and ready to use on all functions, loading photos safely, listing editor, and other functions working with that? ****

I do not want to do update and then find it will not work as that is a time waster, and I am very hesitant to keep making changes and undoing things that I know very little about. (but am sure learning the hard expensive way)

I now have a estimates of $275 - $300.00 to fix all of this with no guarantee of finding every tid-bit, (already out $60.00 to one company just for looking at it) others did look-see free. The consensus is security issues by 3 repair companies...I am NOT a happy camper, of these 3 have said that we SHOULD NOT be playing with security settings that they are there for a reason. (4th I have not been back to yet). That ALL updates should be installed. I physically logged into auctiva & showed them how we load pictures in google & chrome, the block unblock when loading pictures and said we should not breach that either that it can be a security problem if we do. I also showed them link and had them read this thread, head shaking about the link to sandbox vs trust. Now maybe they are being overly secure....but I had rather err on side of over secure. My gut feeling is they make a lot of money by us NOT being secure so think they would err on side of under-secure.

Since the only changes I have made to my laptop were auctiva recommended, assuming that they had investigated what we were being told, I can't help but think that has been most of my problem if not all.

Sooooo am a bit concerned about all of this. Others perhaps can learn from my lesson and save some major grief and money.

quote:
It should be safe to use the Auctiva Uploader while the “Mixed code (sandboxed vs. trusted) security verification” within your Java Console is disabled, but I assume Java must provide that setting for a reason so disabling that setting could potentially cause you not to be protected against other potential threats you may encounter on the internet.

This kind of concerns me..."should be safe" has anyone with Auctiva checked with Java to ask this - this "should be"...scares me. I would think Java would be able to provide information from their website saying YES, this is perfectly safe if, in fact, it is safe.

quote:
"I assume Java must provide that setting for a reason so disabling that setting could potentially cause you not to be protected against other potential threats you may encounter on the internet

"I assume" those words frighten me, as assumptions do not protect us. I would think Java personnel should be able to respond to this with accurate information not assumptions. Again, I would think this is a simple YES it is safe or NO it is not safe, you are putting your computer and security at risk.

I hate to be hard nosed about this...but this needs to be ironed out BEFORE I either fix my computer. Plus, for others who are going in and switching things up....while you may not have a problem today...it took me awhile to realize that I "really" did have a problem that HAD to be addressed.

Let me ask you Mike, has Auctiva Corporation done all of this disabling and sandboxing on all of their computers?? My guess, NO!! Would they??? My guess NO!! Do they not update their browsers? My guess YES!! I would like to think that no business does things on should be and assumptions. On your own home personal computer have you done all of this with, Rebecca lists is she disabling things, unblocking, and not updating?

Do I run scans...you bet I do! So that is NOT the problem, my scans are working overtime.

I sure want to know before I get repairs done, as I don't want to do them and then find I am back at step 1.

Thanks
Last edited by lookandbuyme
Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.