Skip to main content

The Category Section:
- Allow us to clear this section or
- Allow the full path to be viewed

In the Item Description:
- Add a button to Clear ALL HTML coding to remove all pre-existing formatting.
- Bring back the Spell Checker

Overall:
- Allow custom logo additions to the template for Power Seller & PayPal Logos. Make it a checkbox that inserts the logos in specific spots in the template. (not a custom location, but a pre-defined location set by Auctiva)

Just my 2 Cents
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

I am new to Auctiva too but have some computer experience.

Item Description questions

- To clear everything, while you are inside any form field, press and hold the CTRL key and press the letter "A" key. This will highlight all the text in the field. Then simply press the DEL - delete key on the keyboard. You can also right click on the mouse for a "context sensitive" menu and select delete there.
- There are other keyboard shortcuts for manipulating text
CTRL-X - delete highlighted text and put in the clipboard for pasting
CTRL-C - copy highlighted text and put in the clipboard for pasting
CTRL-V - paste highlighted text from the clipboard for pasting
Shift-arrow keys - lets you select text and highlight it. Easier to use than the mouse sometimes for selecting text.
These keyboard shortcuts works in almost any Windows applications.

As a side note, did you ever type information in a form or word processor and all of a sudden lose everything? Well that is this shortcut backfiring on you. If you notice the keyboard Shift and Ctrl keys are beside each other. If you by accident press the Ctrl key instead of the Shift key and don’t notice it, as you type whatever words in capitals, you can easily delete everything in what you are working on. For example, let us say you want to type something in capitals with AX in it. My favorite example is the word FAX. If you type in FAX and miss the shift key and press Ctrl instead of shift, you accidentally trigger Ctrl-A for select all text, then Ctrl-X to delete everything! Many other weird things can happen if you accidentally press Ctrl instead of shift for capitalizing words (B for Bold, U for Underline, etc in word processors).

SpellCheck - I miss it too but I found an alternative almost right away. I discovered by accident while customizing my Google toolbar buttons. It is universal and not specific to Auctiva. I have the Google toolbar installed because I use Google often to research details on many used computer parts I am selling. It has a spellcheck button available on it. You have to select it, as it is optional. To use it, you just click on the button and it checks the input fields on the web page you are on and suggest spellings as well as let you add to your private words. The toolbar also has a search function for the web page you are on; great for finding a section on the page you are on. As well I have customized the Toolbar with my own custom shortcut buttons to certain WebPages - eBay, eBay Canada, Auctiva, PayPal, Canada Post shipping calculator, eBay shipping calculator, my email, WikiPedia, etc. faster than going to Favorites for a quickie look at something (I have 14 shortcuts now). Adding customs buttons for Web Pages is tricky to do but adding the Google spellcheck is easy. Other toolbars may allow to spell-check too. I highly recommend to anyone the Google Toolbar. But be careful if you already have toolbars install. Multiple toolbars don't usually get along well.

Add Reply

Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.